Chapter 5 - Funfair

„Come." Green-eyed boy took my hand. His hair was especially curly today. He couldn't be older than seventeen. Around his neck on a silver chainlet hung paper plane pendant.

His eyes reflected countless lights from the atractions around us.

„Fancy candy floss?" he smiled sweet and his dimples caused me a heart attack. Harry didn't wait for my reply and already asked for two candy flosses. He handed me one of them. I automatically found Harry's second hand while tasting it and together we walked under the veil of bright lights and loud music.

His eyes were still glossing.

I noticed a huge carousel. „Are we going?" Harry giggled but shoke his head.

„Why not?"

„I'm afraid of such things." he said shyly, leaning backwards to see the very top of this massive 'thing'.

„You have to try or you won't ever overcome that fear." I protested while buying two tickets.

We were standing in a row, Harry was all shaking, gripping my hand convulsively. I carresed his hair and kissed them, but he was taller and it felt strange.

Finally we were in. There was fear in Harry's eyes but also excitement at the same time. Our hands were still interwined and I told him to trust me.

Harry's loud scream filled my ears. And it was just his loud happy scream full of excitement that woke me up.

I sit up sharply and for some more seconds still hear Harry's voice. I run my hand through the sweaty hair and lay back down. It is still black outside and I sigh in relief, at least I didn't oversleep.

~~~~

Holding hot mug of coffee I walk straight to Styles' office, looking at my watch: 6:19. I knock and open the door.

Tall male body just unpacks its stuff on the desk which means he came not so long ago.

„It seems like you have learned your lesson from yesterday. After all you may not be that useless..." he scoffs and takes the coffee, immediately drinking it up.

„How was your dinner?" I ask before I leave.

„I don't feel like that's any of your bussines, Louis." he stabs me through with his eyes. I realise there is no cross pendant on his neck today and it takes my breath away. Hanging there so gently, on a silver chainlet, there is a paper plane pendant, the very same he had in my dream. How is it possible?

His shirt is only half-buttoned so I can see clearly how the pendant is shining between two birds with eyebrows. I am so out of my mind that I can't focus on anything, not even the hoarse voice talking to me.

„Tomlinson, are you listening to me?" his hard tone brings me back to reality and I nod altough I have no clue what did he just say.

„Good, so you agree with everything, Paris?" he asks and I really try to stay looking at his eyes, not lower where there so many more interesting things, like his butterfly tattoo, which I coudn't see clearly yet. How many tattoos do grace his body?

„Yes, of course, when are we going?"

„I just said it!" Oops...

„I guess I just missed it...?" I dodge from his stern gaze.

„In three days." What? Already? Didn't he say two weeks before?

„I'm couting with it." He just nods and gestures me to leave, but before I actually leave my mind goes crazy. I had to ask.

„Are you afraid of carousels?"

His eyebrows hurl up quickly and he starts couching from his coffee. „Excuse me?"

„Are you afraid of carousels, you know, those... you can find on pilgrimages...?" There is obvious nervosity in my voice, I have no idea what made me ask and there's no way how to save it now.

He is scanning me through with his eyes for a while, like I was freaking rainbow unicorn and eventually he starts laughing. His laughter fills the whole room and I am totally confused, I am apparently not the only one here losing mind..

Still smiling he looks at me and runs his hand through the maroon hair so it won't fall into his face. „No, not anymore." He answers, but in the typical well known hoarse voice is evident also something more, some strange undercurrent-tone. I can't name it but it is something new and exciting, what I haven't felt for a long time already, like a higher level of satisfaction. Subscribe it is quite impossible.

„I used to fear, but someone showed me there's nothing to be afraid of." You could tell he's remembering something beautiful according to his face expression. I don't know what amazes me more – what he said or how opened he is suddenly.

How is it, that in one second he's a total tyrant and in the other, he's like someone friendly?

„Nevermind, I have to work. I'll send you some bills on your email so pay for them please. Everyting needed will be in the annex. You can go."

In compare with yesterday the hallway is one big chaos, everyone's hurrying to find printers or other machines to get their bosses everything they want.

I collide with some muscular brunette man, definitely an attractive man. „I am really sorry, I should've been more careful. I'm sorry." I start apologizing immediately but he stops me.

Expensive looking suit tells me he's probably not an assistant. No no, this is someone like Harry.

„It's okay, I should be the one apologizing. You are Louis, correct?" In compare with Styles, his face is nice, kind and friendly. Why can't he be the man of my dreams, seriously?

„Yes and you are...?"

„Liam. Liam Payne. I think you share your office with my assistant. How do I know him so far, he has probably already mentioned my person." he giggles and opens the door to his office.

„Yes, he did indeed and I feel like he's about to tell me much more." I smile a little and he nods.

„Come in." On his desk there are framed family photos and other personal things everywhere, I realise that Harry's desk is missing all of these.

„You work for Harold, just that means you must have a strong personality." He steps to an automat and hands me a cruicible of water.

„It's just my second day here."

„Trust me, Niall told me what did he want from you and what happened to you. If it was anyone else, he'd be out already. There must be something special about you..." I frown a little hearing this and remember Niall's yesterday's words.

„You and Harry are bussines partners?" I sit down opposite him to the comfortable leather armchair and examine his facial expression.

„You could tell, but we're more like old friends." Okay, that explains a lot. „You know, Harry... Harry is a very complicated persona. It takes a lot of time and a lot of patience to understand him. I personally know him for many years and his behaviour and decisions still surprise me often. But when you penetrate under all that coldness and indifference, you will find out that he is a friendly and a kind human being." That guy must be high or something. Harry's everything but 'friendly' and 'kind'.

„I know, it must sound crazy to you, but if you will ever penetrate though that mask too, you will agree with me..."

I am wondering, if underneath his cold surface, there truly is my Harry from the dreams. All I need to do is to break that ice-crust. But it won't be easy. It will be harder than I can imagine.

Hope you liked it :) You can leave a comment or vote :)

Sabi