Chapter 16 - Out Of Control

When the two are out of the room, I turn aroun for the last time to see exasperated Harry sit into his leather armchair. „Would you like anything else, Mr. Styles?"
Without opening his eyes or doing any movement, the room is filled with his hoarse voice: „Yes, you."

I pretend that I didn't hear him a close the door carefully. I come back to the two. Tears are still visible on their faces. I'm sorry for them, but honestly the last thing I'm about to do now is to pity them.

„Please, follow me." I tell them monotonously and start walking towards the back entrance. I don't wait for them if they follow suit, I just go. My head is full of Harry's words. I'm not able to think about anything else, that's why I almost forget to stop by Liam's office.

„Wait here." I open the door and walk in while they both enter as well. „Or not..." I add and they both give me apologetic looks.

Liam rises his eyes slowly a sadly, probably suspecting very well what had Harry told them. „How did it go?"

„Harry took care of it, you don't need to care anymore." I know that he's asking them, not me, still, I answer him, not wanting to waste too much time and deliver myself to Harry as soon as possible.

„Did he yell a lot at you?" Liam ignores me absolutely and focuses on the two.

„Quite a lot, but we could expected that."

„When you did expect it, why on earth did you come here then?" I dare to say and all three reproachful glances stab me through. Okay, I shouldn't have said that, apparently...

„Because they don't want to give it up, Louis." Liam answers sincerely. To be honest, I do understand to Harry for being how he is. I would do just the same at his place. Suddenly I feel the need to stand up for him – maybe he truly controls me more than I'm willing to admit.

„What did he say?" Liam keeps asking while I just want to go and leave them alone here.

„That it's absolutely out of question. When we were keeping asking him, he grew incredibly angry and said, that he'll make sure that we won't be together too much and don't spend free time together and that if we break that, he will take everything from us. And also that the best thing for us would be to break up, because, I quote: „Relationships suck anyway." Plus he was shouting at us like a madman." I and obviously neither Liam are surprised.

„Yeah, he's and expert in this." Liam admits and it's obvious ho much he would like to help them.

„Is he like that all the time? So cold and evil?" asks the other second one this time, the more crying one.

„No," I answer immediately without a second thought and the room is filled with silence. I gain not two, but three surprised, if not shocked looks.

„No?" Liam repeats slowly after me with his eyebrow raised. I wish I could disappear, if I only remained quiet. „When exactly is he not like that?" Liam laughs nervously and I remember that moment, when he first hugged me, under the drugs affect and how we moved slowly to the pace of music in the gay bar. But I couldn't tell them.

„I just don't think he's like that all the time." I cant help it but look at my wrist; it's already healed now but I still can feel a strange twitch in it from a time to time.

„He didn't used to be like that." Liam sighs. „I think you should go now, good luck."

I stand up to leave, but hear Liam's voice at the last moment: „Louis, come here later, please." I nod and finally close the door.