Chapter 13: The Big Spoon

I think this will be the last part of the date; and I'm going to post a picture of Stephen and Mark. This is basically the only picture where Justin Timberlake doesn't look very attractive or nice. The hair and the pose, versus Matt Bomer's hair and pose...JT just looks like a douchebag. Which is why this picture works so well for them :P Anyway, dinner and movie in this one. Got rid of the park, but it was for obvious reasons. Enjoy :) (and we are back in Leslie's POV)

"That was surprisingly good," Stephen said as he set his empty takeout box on the coffee table.

"Which is exactly why I picked it. I'm just psychic and I knew it would be surprisingly good," I kidded.

He smirked. "Yeah, that's a pretty obvious one."

I smiled at him and set my still  half-full box on the table next to his, turning to him. "No, for seriousness. I'm psychic. I know exactly what's going to happen...before it happens."

He laughed, punching me in the arm playfully. "Of course you do..." He paused for a moment, looking me over. I started to blush. This was the second time I'd worn his clothes in his presence. We hadn't realized it before, but the flour and egg had started to crust over on my back, so he said he'd wash it and give it back the night of the party. In the meantime, I was forced to wear yet another pair of sweats and a hoodie that were from his college days. I was starting to grow a collection...

He scooted towards me a bit, grabbing my hand as he said, "I don't think I can stop apologizing for Mark. He can be a great guy sometimes, really, and he's just a really forward, out there guy, and--"

I placed a finger on his lips. "You've literally apologized three times more than you need to. I'm over it. He startled me, and that's it. You don't need to worry about me having been scarred for life or anything, because I'm completely fine. And even if I wasn't, I've got you to keep me company." I smiled and took my finger from his lips, sliding it over so my hand was resting on his cheek.

"Well," he said, chuckling nervously, "you know how much I like to keep you company."

I laughed aloud. "You really don't seem like an adult sometimes...and then other times, you're just a complete man, ya know?" I wondered if he caught my hidden message, and from the way he ducked his head to hide his oncoming blush, I assumed he did.

"Speaking of my being an adult..." he began.

Uh, oh...he's finally going to actually have the talk about us now.

"I know that, now that we're in a relationship, things may get serious. And you'll be 18 soon, I know, but...in the meantime, I may not be able to control myself around you. I seem so calm sometimes, but I'm honestly fighting myself every second. I've indulged myself a couple of times, and it was..." He laughed breathily, reminiscing. "But I know that if we went that far, it wouldn't end well. At least not until you're 18. And seeing as this relationship sort of seems to be on fast-forward..."

I understood exactly what he was talking about. Over the course of a day, I'd managed to tell him my age, figure out how to reject him, not rejected him, made sexy contact over lunch, kissed him after school, and was now spending the night in with him. That should've progressed over at least a week...At this pace, he was right. I would be practically throwing myself at him within a month, if we lasted that long without getting caught.

"I'm just saying that, we have to fight it. No matter how much we want each other, it's still illegal for us to even be kissing. Which is definitely a part of the law that I am willing to break."