Chapter 25 Fili

Natalie

~~~

"You are no longer my king nor my friend," I growl in his shocked face and shove him back hard. I'm sick of him, I'm sick of this. With a glower on my face, daggers in my hands, I spin on my heel, and storm off.

I'm burning with rage so I might as well scald a few scummy orcs.

~~~

"Advisor Natalie! I'm in need of your assistance!" Bard calls from his rather disadvantaged spot against a wall. A war beast is before him in all its hulking glory making Bard cornered.

"No longer an advisor Bard but I shall help!" I declare and sprint up. I slip between the beasts legs, stick my daggers directly into its groin, and drag them down with little mercy. It lets out a shameful squeal and falls to his knees making its heart easily accessible. One stab later it's dead on the ground.

Killing it so violently gives me satisfaction and quenches some anger.

"Get up," Bard orders to Alfrid. The ready must have caught him trying to escape...dressed as a woman. I also take notice to the many gold coins on the ground. He must have been sneaking off with some of the towns treasure.

"Get away from me. I don't take orders from you. People trusted you, they listened to you. The Master's mantle was there for the taking and you threw it all away. For what?" Alfrid exclaims loudly and shoves the scattered coins into his slip. I roll my eyes and huff when he stands and adjusts his fakes bosoms.

"Alfrid...your slip is showing," Bard teases and Alfrid very hurriedly walks off.

"Screw that guy," I mutter and cross my arms. "I'm quite sick of all the greedy men in this world."

~~~

Kili

~~~

Fili has a grip on my arm as we search the towers. He's nervous, he knows something is not right. His grip gets tighter when we both hear an unnerving noise from the upper levels.

"Stay here, search the lower levels. I've got this," Fili says and gives me a quick hug.

"Stay safe brother," I murmur and reluctantly leave him to scout the lower levels.

~~~

Allie

~~~

Breathing hard I lower my katana and examine the destruction I created. All the goblins are dead.

Behind me I know Thorin, Dwalin, and Alex watch. I'm scared to turn around and face them. I'm scared to face him.

"Allie? Is that you? Are you okay?" Alex inquires and I hear her footsteps as she comes closer.

"I'm fine," I answer but still don't turn. I screw my eyes shut and clench my hands. Why am I so nervous to see my friends?

"Allie," Alex prompts and touches my arm. I flinch away from her and turn to face them.

"I'm fine. In fact I'm great," I say in a higher toned voice. "I'm alive so that's perfect."

"You're covered in glowing ruins Allie," Alex observes with wide eyes. "Your eyes are glowing, your wings have gold tips now, and not to mention your face is smeared with gold war paint." Yavanna loves decor so this is definitely her doing.

"You are wearing some fine armor lass," Dwalin comments with his jaw hanging open. I look down to see golden armor adorned on my body. My katana also seems to have been sharpened.

"Curtesy of those who sent me back to finish my job," I explain and sheath my katana. I'm avoiding meeting Thorins gaze.

"What job is that exactly?" Alex inquires. I gulp thickly and let my eyes fall to the ground.

"I-I-"

"Thorin!" Bilbo cuts me off and suddenly appears from thin air. Legolas, Tauriel, and Grace approach seconds later.

"Bilbo," Thorin says with a raised eyebrow.

"Allie, you're alive!" Grace exclaims and runs forward to embrace me. I smile and melt into the embrace. Grace is here. "I missed you."

"You have to leave here. Now! Azog has another army, attacking from the north. This watchtower will be completely surrounded, there'll be no way out," Bilbo hastily reports shifting his feet skittishly. My stomach drops at the news.

I don't want to die again.

"We are so close. That Orc scum is in there. I say we push on," Dwalin counters.

"No, we may be good fighters but we can't stand against an army. I won't let my sister die again," Grace argues.

"That's what he wants. He wants to draw us in. This is a trap," Thorin adds and Grace glares at him.

"Do not speak to me dwarf you are lucky I haven't killed you for what you've done," Grace hisses darkly and shoves me behind her.

"Find Fili and Kili, call them back," Thorin demands to Dwalin and steps back from Grace.

"Thorin, are you sure about this?" Dwalin asks making Thorin look me straight in the eyes. I let out a small gasp as I stare. I can't looks away from his magnetic blue eyes though I want to.

"Do it. We live to fight another day." A loud rattling noise makes me jump and face the towers.

Azog walks out onto a ledge with Fili held tight in his hand by his neck.

"FILI!" I scream and jump up only to have Graces arms stop me.

"Allie he has a knife to Fili and he will use it," Grace whispers to me. I regretfully relax and breathe in deeply.

"Oh no," Bilbo gasps. I glance at Alex who's got her eyes covered.

"This one dies first. Then the brother. Then you, Oakenshield. You will die last," Azog declares with a sadistic smirk on his face.

"Go. Run!" Fili yells just before a sword juts out from his stomach.

"Here ends your filthy bloodline!" Azog yells and throws Filis body over the edge as we watch in horror.

A loud wail of pain echoes over the battlefield just as he hits the ground. It's Emily's cry.

Kili who was just coming back out lets out a loud enraged battle cry and sprints up the stairs towards Azog.

I'm frozen to the spot. I have to help but I can't take my eyes off Fili. He can't be dead. Emily needs him.

"Kili!" Thorin calls and starts to run after him. He won't want to lose two kinsmen in one day.

"Thorin! Thorin, no," Dwalin shouts and brandishes his axe. It's not long before he's gone too.