Why am I not good enough

Master was mad. It would have been hard to notice if you hadn't been with him for over a hundred years. But the slight turn of his brow made his anger noticeable. As well as the slight frown that he wore. I wish he didn't frown so often. He had such a beautiful smile. Normally in his fits of anger he would throw things, break them, only to fix them the next day. But now he was internally mad. I was staring, so I instantly dropped my gaze.

"Master-" he put his hand up.

I hated when he wouldn't let me speak. Or tried to hate. I felt nothing. I just wanted to tell him that I wanted to feel. But he never let me, this the cycle of almost anger would repeat.

"I know what you've been doing my little doll. I don't need an explanation of why. I do not care what you wish to do when not in my company. But..."

I did not enjoy the way he had said that word.

"You have killed Bruces' mother. He is quite sad. I can not have this. You will be punished you understand?"

"I do not understand." My head tilted to the side as I tried to figure it out.

"Why do you love that boy more than me? Don't I deserve your love? Why does it matter that one human is dead and another sad? Master, please explain it to me."

My voice lacked any emotion but curiosity. I was not sad or upset that his little fleshy toys mother is now gone. I wanted to understand. I wanted so badly to, but nothing ever seemed to make sense. Especially when it came to humans.

Before Master could speak the door to his work shop opened. He instantly brightened, forgetting me. A small female human walked inside. Not only did my master brighten but the whole workshop seemed to wake up. The colors were livened and the lights were no longer dim, but vibrant. The light touched everything. And I, I went back into my corner to sit and wait for any orders.

"Welcome my dear. To my workshop! I am the toy maker, Ammor. And you are...?"

He seemed to dance as he walked toward the girl, making her laugh and smile at my Master. Her blonde pigtails bounced as she reached out to my Masters hand. She was also hugging a brown teddy bear tightly to her chest.

"Alice." A high pitched bell like voice spoke.

My Master went about entertaining the child until her lids began to droop. He gave her a bright smile, the one that looked so good on him, the one he never gave me, and handed her yoyo. She smiled back.

He picked her up in his arms and took her to his door. Using one of his arms in an awkward position he opened the door. Then he went through.

I could never make him that happy. Why? Why was I never good enough?