Beautiful chaos

We all stood back and admires our work. Three successful snowman, two failed ones, and then one that Fey and Hal had smashed to pieces.

The three humans were shivering and clearly done with the snow. Fey, Hal and I were fine. I could feel the cold, but it didn't bother me, or the others.

"How are you guys not cold?" Sophie's teeth were chattering.

"Perhaps we're just not human." I shrugged and walked back towards the cabin.

Everyone just laughed at my remark. Hal and Fey laughed a little harder because they were in on the joke.

"Alright kids. We'll leave you to it. Stay inside and keep warm. A storm is heading this way." Mrs. Logan kissed her daughters head and then waved to us.

"Be good you kids." Fey said like a parent. Which was actually pretty funny because he was probably old enough to be their several times great grandfather.

Once in the cabin Fey crashed in the couch. Hal sat on the arm of it and crossed his legs. I decided to stand behind the couch and rest my arms on the back.

"You three look like you could be on some vampire show." Sophie snickered.

"Blood suckers of the log cabin. Like it. Get my agent on that Hal." Fey said with his eyes closed.

"Would you like me to get you a latte and a donut while I'm at it." Hal mocked.

"Oh no, get my whore of an assistant to do that." He clearly meant me.

"And how exactly am I a whore?" I asked.

"It's more of a future thing. Like in the future you'll be my whore."

"Ah yes, silly me. Should have guessed." I sassed. He cracked a smile at me.

"Well, what do you guys want to do now?" Sophie asked. I looked up at her.

"What time is it?" I wondered.

"Almost three." Sophie responded.

"Time for a nap." Fey somehow sunk deeper into the couch.

"I agree." Hal said and flooded on top of them. I remember when they dog piled on me.

"Great idea." And I hopped on. "Payback bitch." Both Hal and Fey groaned, but didn't do much else.

I was so tired though. So I let my eyes flutter shut. I began to drift off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I jerked awake from a night mare I was having. At least I had stopped screaming as much. I looked down and noticed that I was sleeping in top of Hal and Fey. My head was resting on Hal's back. Fey had curled up into a ball so Hal was laying in his legs. I tried getting up but found my and were wrapped around Hal. This wouldn't be a problem, but they were being hugged tightly to his chest by his own arms. I puffed at my predicament.

I didn't want to wake them so I just layer there. I tilted my head up more and looked at Hal's face. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping, so calm. I never noticed it, be he always seemed to be on edge. His blonde hair was more of a sandy color than I gave it credit for. It made me want to run my hand through it.

I tore my eyes away from his face and looked around the room. A loud rocketing at the window caused me to look towards it. It was just the wind. It was a blizzard out there. A flurry of snow and wind, it looked beautiful, yet chaotic. Beautiful chaos. I found it calming. I antes to fall back asleep.

It was dark in the room, but I didn't mind. I dwelled in the dark for so long, I found comfort in it. I wondered where Sophie was before I drifted off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Apple." I heard a voice whisper in my ear. It sounded so sweet, like biting into an apple. I giggled at myself.

"Apple." It sounded more harsh now. I scrunched my nose at its tone. "Get. Off. Apple. Wake up!" My eyes snapped open.

Hal was laying under me. He was now chest to chest with me. Fey was no longer on the couch. It was just Hal and I, and I was crushing him.

I bolted up quickly, causing me to fall off the couch and into the floor.

"Oof!" I hit my head in the ground. Hal reached down and picked me up by the waist.

"You klutz." He was annoyed, but there was something else in his tone. It wasn't anything bad. But his eyes, they looked pleased? No, happy? No. Oh! It was probably just him laughing at my stupidity. Obviously. Right? Something still felt off.

"You can let me go now." I pushed myself off of him and got up. I stretched, letting out a squeal of pleasure.

"Finally you two are done cuddling." Fey said in his suave way. I glared at him.

Behind him was Sophie, she looked sad. Was it because I was sleeping with Hal? It's not like I decided to sleep with him. Oh well, she can just deal with it.

"Hey, so I thought of something funny. Want to hear it?" Fey was red in the face.

"Not re-"

"We're stuck here for two weeks. With out some hearty soul food." Fey had just pointed out a huge flaw in our plan.

"If you want some fried chicken we can make some. Don't be so dramatic." Sophie said flatly. Someone was pissy.

Fey was right though. I could feel that empty hole getting bigger every day. I'm just so used to it that I didn't pay much attention to it. We were all getting hungry. And there was no one around other than the three humans at the cabins.

We looked to each other in a silent argument. To eat or to not eat.

"Excuse us Sophie darling. I must talk to my siblings about an urgent matter." Fey was definitely going crazy from hunger.

After we went upstairs, and made sure Sophie wouldn't follow, we got to talking.

"We could eat them." Fey said first.

"Yeah, and get back how?" Hal countered.

"We can drive the car stupid."

"What about when they investigate the deaths?" I rebutdtaled.

"Who knows that we're here with them?" Fey asked.

"Depends on who that told. Also who overheard at school, and that's just a possibility." Hal said, his thoughts taking him elsewhere.

"We can't stay here, we'll go insane." I said.

"Why did we even come?" Fey grabbed his head in frustration.

"Because we're damn fools." Hal was annoyed.

"We can say we forgot to do something at home. Have one of the adults take us down, eat, come back. Easy." It seemed like a good solution.

"What about when we have to feed almost every 2-3 day?" Hal whispered harshly. Great, now we were whispering.

"We could ask to just go back and stay back." I whispered back.

"That could work." Fey's eye twitched. He probably had it worse than either of us.

"Alright. We'll have to ask then. What are we going to make up?" Hal was asking a good question.

"We can say we have a cat." I smiled tightly. They both looked at me annoyed. "Or not."

"Jobs?" Fey offered.

"We could get an emergency call from our bosses. Great idea. Cant risk losing out jobs." Hal said pulling out his phone for some apparent reason.

"Alright team. Let's do it." Fey out his arm out. "On three." He gestured for us to out out hands in too. I shrugged and out my hand in.

Hal just raised his eyebrow. I grabbed his arm and shoved it into our huddle.

"One. Two. Three. Break!" We flung out arms into the air.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<~~~~~~~<~~~~~~~~~
This chapter put me to sleep writing it XD. I had to take a nap and then finish it. But ooo, what's going to happen next? What is with Sophie's jealousy? Is their plan going to work out? If not, will they kill the family? So many questions!

Murder and knives,
       Aubs