Burgers, steak, and pshycopathic serial killers

My mind slipped back into its nightmares, causing me to wake up sporadically, and gasping in fear. I really needed to get something to fix these. They are giving me one of those bad emotions.

When I woke up I was squeezing something, hard. I found it was a hand, and it was attached to an arm. That arm was attached to a snoring Hal. I let go quickly, almost appalled. It was getting lighter outside.

Fey was still entertaining the two females. They kept laughing obnoxiously.

"Yeah. They've need together since we were little. So attached. We used to call them the twins." I heard him whisper. His comment got giggles from the two, and a snort from the purple- Martha-.

I was about to say some sassy comment, if I could think of one, but the bus lurched to a stop. Slamming my into the seat in front of me, waking up Hal, and getting a small squeal from the two girls as they were thrown out of their seats.

"Attention passengers. This bus to St. George is going to be switching bus drivers and will resume on normal schedule in one and a half hours." A raspy old voice came through the speaker system.

And just like that, the bus, all six of us, sprang to life. I felt stiff, and it felt good to reach my arms up and stretch. Everyone seemed to feel the same, because their was various noises of pleasure from the stretch.

"There's a restaurant within walking distance from here. It's pretty good, would you guys like to join us?" Cat asked hopefully. Her pale green eyes pleaded with Fey.

"Does it have fried chicken?" Hal asked. Everyone was confused by his sudden ability to speak.

"Um, it has burgers..." Cat replied, somewhat embarrassed.

"Let's go." Hal said quickly. This guy was obsessed. What even is a burger. To be clear, I know what a burger is, I've just never tried one.

"You ever taste a burger?" Hal asked as we were piling out of the bus.

I shook my head and let my eyes fall, a bit ashamed and embarrassed.

"Don't worry so much, they're delicious." He was wearing a smirk as he though about food.

"So how old are you guys?" Cat asked. She was leading the way with Martha, while Fey trailed them, and Hal and I fell to the very back.

"18." Fey and Hal said together. What my my age? I just blurted out out, "17," and hoped it was a good answer.

Stepping off of the bus flooded me with bright yellow light from that fire ball in the sky. It was intense and blinding. Not to mention it was reflection off of the white ass snow and glaring into my eyes. Invisible frowned and wrapped my arms around myself.

"Cold?" Hal asked coldly.

"What if I am?" I barked.

"Id say suck it up. It's not that bad out here." He barked back. I was ready to punch him, but Fey's arm wrapping around my shoulder stopped me.

"Talk about a nice snack right?" He whispered to us, while we followed silently behind the girls. They were talking, we were silent.

"You're planning on eating them? I had no idea," I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes dramatically at me.

"I was talking about you two. How long since you've eaten? You should probably get that soon." Fey squeezed my arm. Actually I was fine. I hadn't felt that hole quite yet, probably because I was new at eating souls.

"I'm fine actually." I stated blandly. Which wasn't the best idea, because it made it sound like I was lying. Fey raised an eyebrow at me.

"What? I am. I promise. I don't need to eat quite yet. It may be because I'm a bit new at this and all." I argued, making my case. Fey seemed to think about this in his head, raising his eyes up as he thought.