Soulmate

Hannah POV

I couldn't look at her anymore, I saw the look in her face when she saw who I was, her heart beat might not have picked up, but she was still scared.  I can't do this, I don't know how to keep her safe from me.  I went up to my room and laid across my bed.

I don't even know why I have this thing, it's not like I ever use it, but father insists on living like humans.  Well I'm not a human, at least not anymore.  I think if I could cry, right now I would be doing it.  I hear a soft knock on my door.

I already knew she was coming, I could hear her footsteps, smell her blood, feel her heartbeat throughout my body.  I didn't respond, I just wanted her to leave me alone, I would know if she left the house.  I knew she was safe here, no wolf would be stupid enough to try to come near here.  "Hannah, let me in."  She said through the door.

I groaned to myself, just get it over with already.  I got off the bed and opened the door.  I didn't even look at her before turning around, I couldn't see the disappointment in those hazel eyes.  She walked around the room running her hands across the bed.  I fought back the need to throw her down on it.  "If you don't sleep, why do you have a bed?"

"My father insists we live as close to being human as possible, when we have guests our home needs to look like a human house.  Plus I never said I couldn't sleep.  I just don't need to."  She turned to me and I immediately turned my back on her.

"Why wont you look at me?"  I looked at myself in the mirror, all I could picture was the monster she saw a few minutes ago.

"You saw me, I saw the look in your eyes Quinn, you may have been able to control your heart, but you were not able to hide the fear in your eyes.  I did that, and I don't like it."  I said.

"Hannah, you need to understand something, I wasn't scared of you, yes I was shocked, and scared for a second.  I didn't even know vampires existed, hell I didn't even know wolves existed till a few months ago."  I turned my head quickly to the last part of the sentence.  She knew what she had said and tried to back track.  "I mean a couple of days ago,"

"No you didn't, what do you mean a few months ago."  I said stepping closer.  She had tears in her eyes, and one slide down her cheek.  I instantly brought my hand up wiping it away, but she didn't flinch, she cupped her face into my hand.  "Quinn" I whispered, my monster inside was screaming to come out.

"I can't, I can't talk about it, Hannah, I've tried so hard to forget, but I can't.  I ran back here thinking everything would be ok, but it's not, it's just not."  She was now crying.  I didn't know what to do, I have been a vampire for a long time, but sometimes I can remember being human and feeling pain.  I did the only human thing possible I knew to do, I pulled her to me and wrapped my arms around her.  She cried hysterically on my shoulder.

Her scent was overwhelming, I had my face in her neck, I could feel my fangs on my lips, I quickly turned my head to the other side.  Her body went limp in my arms, my grip tightened on her so she wouldn't fall.  "It's ok Quinn." I whisper.  My door shot open and my father came running in.  I turned quickly and looked a him.

"What are you doing?" I looked at him.

"Shit, I could feel her distress, I just thought, I'm sorry Hannah."  Quinn lifted her head and I turned to my father.

"You thought I hurt her, didn't you?" I asked shocked that my own father didn't believe in my power to control myself.

"Look Hannah, I know it's extremely hard for you, I can keep up with both of you when you are separate, but as soon as you are together it get's foggy, I'm assuming that's because she's..."