Mother

Quinn POV

It had been two days since Trent and his pack found their scent, but the leads led to a dead end.  "She's playing games with me," Hannah said pacing her room.  The night that Trent carried her home, I was heart broken to see her in that condition.  The fact that she was risking everything for me, to save me.  I was suppose to be the chosen one, and other than a few odd things, nothing major had happened yet.  "What the hell am I missing."  Hannah was now scanning through ancient books.

I sat quietly and watched her, I couldn't actually help but admire how beautiful she actually was.  Her golden brown eyes were glowing in the sunlight.  I just shook my head, I can't be thinking like that.  I refuse to have feelings for her, to be attracted to her.  She was dead for God sakes.  She slammed the book close causing me to jump.  "Sorry," she mumbled and went for another book.

I decided to give her some space.  I was getting tired of being stuck in this house, everybody decided it would be safer for me to stay here.  Collin had arranged a way for me to take time off of work, and I actually hated it.  I was down stairs looking out the window.  "Would you like to go for a walk outside," I heard a voice behind me causing me to jump again.

"Shit, why do ya'll insist on do doing that to me, and how are ya'll able to walk so quietly.  Oh sorry for the language," I said turning and seeing Collin.

"It's quite all right Quinn, my apologizes for frightening you."  He said giving me a reassuring smile.

"Is it safe, you know to go out there, I don't want to cause any more problems?" I said looking out the window.

"I assure you it is very safe, please come walk with me." He said holding the door open.  When I stepped outside I took a deep breath, the warm air was refreshing.  "Lovely day today isn't it?"

"Yes the sun feels great on my skin," I said without thinking, as I looked up and he still was smiling.  "Sorry I forgot."  I forgot that they couldn't feel the weather change.  I turned and started walking towards the lake with Collin right beside me.

"There is no need to apologize for something so silly Quinn."  I just nodded my head.

"Can I ask you a question Collin?"  He nodded his head for me to continue.  "Why did you push so hard to be good, and not monsters like the rest?"

"Most vampires once they are turned, can not remember feeling human.  All they feel is the need to feed, and unfortunately most do not know when to stop and end up taking human life.  I on the other hand was different.  Even after I was turned, I still felt human, as much as my maker demanded for me to take someone's life I could not.  I just grew passionate about us being able to live amongst the humans, and not have the will to feed.  Some years later I have succeeded, and most follow in my foot steps.  Unfortunately some have not, and never will."

"How old is Hannah?" I asked, he was giving information and I had questions.

He just laughed, "She's eighteen plus one hundred," he said smirking at me.

She's been dead over a 100 years.  I wonder what it was like to live 100 years ago, I thought to myself.  I looked up at Collin quickly and he just shook his head.  Damnit I forgot he could read my mind if I asked questions.  "It's taking time to get use to.  Knowing that werewolves, and vampires are real.  I'm guessing that all the horror movies that you see on TV aren't true since you all are always in the sun."

"No movies take it to the extreme.  We can walk in the daylight as any human.  We can do anything humans can, we can have jobs, we can do all kind of things.  The only difference is we of course live off blood, where humans can eat food.  Humans can be killed by anything, as for vampires, it has to be a stake through the heart, or a wolf can kill us also."   I just nodded my head, and looked out across the lake.