Chapter O1

Picture of Santo to the right.

Shivón POV:

I get off the couch and turn off the TV.  I head upstairs to my room. You see, I live in a condo in Las Angelas, California. I live her with my boyfriend. We both decided to move here and living together means more people to pay the bills.

I open my closet and look through all of my clothes. Santo had a good job working for a construction company and after we paid the bills and taxes, Santo would spoil me a little.

I finally decided I was going to wear a black tank top and some torn skinny jeans.

It was 5:46 and I was putting on my make-up when Santo came back.

"Now where have you ben?"

As soon as he walked into the room I could smell the alcohol on him. He probably went to the bar like always.

"I went out and that's all you need to know! Speaking of going out where are you going? You going on a date? You cheating on me?!

Anybody with a brain could tell Santo was drunk. I just rolled my eyes at his questions.

"I'm heading over to Ino's with Angelique."

Just then I heard a car horn outside my window. I looked outside and saw her black SUV.

"Speaking of Angelique, that's my ride now. I'll see you in like an hour."

I kissed him on the forehead and left out.

Angelique POV:

I was looking in my rear view mirror when I saw Shivón come out side.

She got in my car.

"Girl you look good!" I said.

"Thanks. I kind of pulled it together last minute."

"Well you look great. now lets go. I wanna get me a tamale while they're still warm."