Chapter O2

Picture of Angelique to the right. Pronounced Ann-Gel-leek. Shivón pronounced Shi-Von Picture on Angelique to the right.

Shivón POV:

We pulled up into the Ino's parking lot.  We could tell there were a lot of people here because there were lots of cars.

"Ugh it's crowded! We'll never find a parking spot!" Wined Angelique.

Angelique/Angel always made things negative when they didn't need to be.

"I'm sure we'll find one."

All of the sudden the car speed up and swerved into a parking spot before a 2012 Volts Wagon Beetle. Angel wasn't the best driver, in fact she had her license suspended so I really don't know why I let her drive in the first place! I wasn't trying to die!

"Now that's some good driving!" Said Angel

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car.

When we got in the place wasn't as crowed as we thought. It was like every car only came with one person.

We sat down at a table while a waiter got us some glasses if water.

"So did you hear about that man that broke out of jail in Nevada?" She asked me.

"No. I had the news on but I turned it off before it got to that part." I replied

"They said the man was from L.A and people should be more careful and not be out at night. Recently the cops have ben on the streets like crazy. That means I gotta start driving like-

The waiter interrupted us. He was a tall Mexican man with a curly afro and sunglasses.

"Are you guys ready?" he asked us.

"Yeah, I'll have the chicken salad and a coke." said Angel

I was thinking about getting a tamale but now I changed my mind.

"Uh, what do you like on the menu?" I asked the waiter.

"Well personally I don't eat here, but there is this nice little Chinese restaurant I would like to take you to. My name is Prince and I, uh, well I don't really know a lot of people in this neiborhood  and I was thinking I could get to know you."

He smiled showing me his nice white teeth. Angel looked down and grinned. I just sat there speechless.

"Well tell you what, I'll go get you guy's food and you can give me an answer when I come back."

Prince walked away and Angel kept smiling at me.

"What?" I said

"He is so cute you have to go on a date with him."

"Uh hello! I have a boyfriend!"

"Oh come on, there's nothing wrong with a little eye candy."

"Please, I would never do that to Santo."

"Blah blah blah. Santo and you need some time away from each other. I read in a magazine that when you stay away from your partner and come back you have some really good make up sex."

I rolled my eyes at her comment when Prince came back. He came with Angels food and a tamale with a diet Pepsi. How did he  know that's what I wanted? I didn't even tell him.

"Thanks so much. How did you know this is what I like?"

"Oh I just asked one of my co-workers what that girl in the black tank top usually gets here. So about my question."

I paused. I didn't know what to say.

"I, er, I mean-

"She'd love to" Angel interrupted

"Great! I get off work tomorrow at 8. You can meet me here."

Prince walked away. I looked at Angel with a mad look.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Why the Hell did you do that? I didn't want to go on a date with him."

"Oh come on! He's just trying to make friends. Loosen up a bit Eh?"

 "Whatever."