Chapter O3

Picture of Prince to the right.

Prince POV:

I don't think she wants to go on that date with me. I tried to be nice. She seems so, distant.

I thought to myself as my shift ended. I just moved to this neighborhood and right now I was staying with my cousin until I had enough money to land on my feet. I walked about a mile before I got to his house. It wasn't very big. It was a one story brick house with a small porch, two bedrooms, a small kitchen and a bathroom. I was great full that he let me stay with him. I had more family in this neighborhood but I don't think they would like to see me. I've gotten into some trouble with the law and yeah.

I walked up the driveway and say my cousins black Cadillac was gone. He probably wasn't home. I pulled out the spare set of keys he gave me and headed inside. I took off my sunglasses and looked in the mirror, the face that people will always be disappointed by. I went and took a quick shower and went into my room and fell asleep. I was tired from work and all I wanted to do was sleep.

Shivón POV:

All I kept thinking about was how I was going to tell Santo I had a date with another guy. It's not like I was trying to hook up with him. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's cute, but I have a man. Santo has always ben the jealous type. All it means it that he cares, but it would be nice for him to trust me once in a while.

I took a bite of my tamale and bit into something weird. It was a piece of paper. I looked at Angel and showed her what was in my tamale.

"Why would someone put that in your food?"

"I don't know."

I looked at the paper and it was a phone number from Prince. There was a little note at the end that said call me.

"Well girl what does it say?"

"It was Prince's number."

"Aw that's sweet."

"No, it's weird! He could have just wrote it down on that little note pad he had."

"Oh come on Shivón! Stop trying to find flaws in his personality. He is a nice guy that wants to get to know you so let him."

I rolled my eyes.

"You know I hope they get stuck like that one day." said Angel.

"Yeah, yeah. Finish your salad!"

.~~*~~.

We left Ino's and Angel dropped me off at my house. I went inside and saw Santo spread out on the couch. I walked past him when he called me out.

"What do you want?" I said

"What I cant say hello to my girlfriend?"

He stood up from the couch and walked toward me. He had his arm behind his back. He probably had something behind his back. He pulled out a bouquet of roses.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry, for how I was acting. I shouldn't have reacted like that. You have every right to know who's calling me."

I took the roses and he kissed me on the forehead.

"Come sit on the couch with me. We can watch what you wanna watch. I just wanna be with my girl.

We sat down and I turned on Bad Girls Club.

"Hey uh Santo, I gotta tell you something." I said nervously

"What is it?"

"Well, while Angel and I were at Ino's this guy had came to the table and asked me if I wanted to go to that Chinese restaurant with him. He said he just moved here and he wanted to get to know me."

Santo looked at me with the look he uses to see if I'm lying.

"I'm telling the truth!"

"Okay fine."

"Thanks."

I took his arm and put it over me, and we continued to watch TV.