Chapter:1

I loaded up my truck and told grandma and grandpa to watch over the ranch for me. Last thing to be loaded was Reno. She is my beautiful sorrel Appaloosa/Quarter horse.

Page was married to a well known city slicker that soon moved her to Chicago. I put my bronc saddle, chaps, gloves and the horse and dog food into my living quarters. I whistled for Sullivan, my red border collie/Aussie mix.

He came bounding over to me and jumped into the front seat. I grabbed his John Deere collar with his tags and leash. I put the collar on and stuck the leash in the console. For two years I've been rodeoing. I've met several cowboys that have seen me as a barrel racer. Then once I ride the broncs there they want to sleep with me. Sully was the only thing stopping them from doing so. That is why I take him.

I said my goodbyes and hit the road. George Strait came on the radio. "All my exes live in Texas!"
All my exes live in Texas
And Texas is a place I really love to be
But all my exes live in Texas
and that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee

Rosanna's down in Texarkana
Wanted me to push her through
And sweet Ilene's never mean
She forgot I hung the moon
And Alison's in Galveston
Somehow lost her sanity
And Dimples who now lives in Temple's
Got the law looking for me

All my exes live in Texas
And Texas is a place I really love to be
But all my exes live in Texas
and that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee

I sang along on my way to San Antonio. My stomping grounds are in southern Oklahoma. I saw several trucks with trailers on their way to rodeos. Every time I stopped for gas I walked Sully.

Once while I was stopped this guy and his partner were filling up. I was in San Angelo at an e z go. The man said that he'd walk my dog for me while I ran inside. I let him and when I got back he was standing there with my dog. "Thank you for walking my dog for me." I said as I started filling my diesel tank. His eyes were a deep green and he had almost red hair. "No problem, it gave me something to do while my partner was inside. I'm Max Hunter." "Hedli Drouten." I said as we shook hands.

"Like the bronc riding Hedli?" "Yes that's me." "Then what's the trailer for? Lodge?" "My horse. I barrel race too." "Nice. I bull ride and calf rope. Team and single." A man I'm guessing is his partner came out. "And this is my partner, Colt." The man glared at him with his stunning crystal blue eyes before getting into the drivers seat. "He doesn't like meeting girls on the road but sure loves to pick them up at rodeos."

"That I can understand." "So how long you been rodeoing?" "Two years. Started at age sixteen. Exactly six months after my birthday." "That would mean your eighteen." "Mmhhmmm." My tank stopped I squeezed the handle a few times before it was completely full. I paid and said goodbye to Max.

I climbed into my truck and hit the rode. "Alright Sully lets get to San Anton." He yipped in response as Smile by uncle cracker came on the radio. We sang along to the radio. Once backroad song came on we both were howling along with Granger Smith.

Sitting in traffic isn't as fun as most people would think it is. I looked to my left and saw a woman and man dressed in pearl snaps and hats. They had a trailer with them. "Guessing their going the same place I am." I told Sully. I found an exit and took it. That may be the quickest way but right now it's not.

I pulled in one of the first here. I took Sully with me to register. He's more of my mascot than a guard dog when I'm on the road. Once that was done a few more trailers were parked along side mine. I tied Sully to the side of the trailer while I got Reno out to stretch her legs. Another thing about Sully is that he's Reno's trailer companion during thunderstorms.