Chapter:4

"H-hi Luke." He smirked when I stuttered. I felt his entire body against mine. "Are you doing anything this morning?" He asked almost calmly. "I'm going to breakfast with my grandpa and Thomas."

"Well you can cancel your plans and come with me." "Sorry but you'd probably get your a#s kicked." I said. His hand tightened around my wrist. "Your coming with me whether you like it or not."

Before I knew it he was on the ground rubbing his jaw. Mikey was standing there to my left with a clenched fist. "Touch her again Trusey and I'll give you the worst beating in your life." He yelled at Luke. A door slammed. I heard spurs jangling from behind. Mikey turned his head from Luke to someone behind me.

"Luke Trusey, lawyer and woman abuser." The familiar voice said. "Not allowed at any rodeo in Texas and Nevada." He said. I was pulled in close to Colt as Luke got up. "Let's feed the horses and get to breakfast." He said pulling me away from Luke.

"Explain how you know Luke." Colt said once we were in my trailer. I had horse feed in my hand walking over to Reno. "He was my father's lawyer. I never saw him unless dad had to go to court or him and dad had to discuss something." I said as I gave Reno water. "And every time dad told me to stay away unless it was necessary." He followed me out and over to the trailer hitch.

"But after my parents were killed I had to go alone to hear the reading of his will. That kinda made me uneasy because of the fact of business." I unhooked the trailer completely. "So then after that he started calling me daily seeing how I was." We got in the truck also remembering to take Sully. "It finally got to the point where he was showing up randomly at my house. He'd talk and make me smile." I pulled out of my place and drove to the exit. "At one point he'd show up at night and stay the night. And as we'd lay there on the couch talking he'd start singing burning it down by Jason Aldean. That really got me."

I pulled into the diner and got out leaving the dog inside with the windows cracked. Colt following pursuit. "That's when it all went down hill. He thought that his voice had turned into a weapon used to seduce me into loving him." I said as Colt held the door open for me. "So that's how it all happened." I said sitting down in a booth. 

Grandpa and Thomas walked in and sat down. Grandpa next to me and Thomas next to Colt. "So what exactly did he do?" Colt asked specifically to grandpa and Thomas. They looked puzzled for a second before Thomas realized who we were talking about. "B-eat-ing." Thomas said trying to cough the answer.

I looked out the window seeing Luke's truck pull up. I laid closer to the table. "Ke lu. Sideout." I said. Thomas glanced outside. Grandpa's fists clenched. I saw Colt's jaw tighten as he looked out the window.

"Hello I'm Sadie and I'll be your waitress for today what would you like?" She asked. "I'll have a Dr. Pepper." I said. "Coffee, black for the men." I filled in. She left before I turned my gaze to Colt. His jaw was still clenched. I gently rubbed my leg against his. He looked at me and softened. "I got you coffee." I softly said. Sadie came back and handed the drinks out.

I put the sugar in the middle of the table for them. I looked over at a booth in the corner. His back was to us as he looked at his menu. Sadie came back. "What would you like to eat?" She asked. "I'll have eggs, sunny side up, sausage, and hash browns."

"I'll have the same except toast." Grandpa said. "I'll have flapjacks with sausage." Thomas said. "I'll have biscuits and gravy." Colt said. She left and it became silent.

I pulled out my iPhone 6 and looked at Facebook. I wanted to post something about now. I tapped on the update status and took a picture of the guys and their coffees. Then I tagged Thomas and grandpa in it.

"Hey Colt do you have a Facebook?" I asked trying not to sound obvious. "Why?" "Just wondering." I said putting his name in the search bar. I found his profile and sent him a friend request. A section later his phone went off. He looked at it then me. "Seriously that's why you asked?"

He accepted the request and I tagged him in the photo. Now grandpa was on his. He chuckled before turning his phone off. Thomas now was checking his and Colt was still on his.

"Very sneaky Drouten." Thomas said. "I was even looking at you when you took it." "And I thought she was just playing on her phone." Grandpa said. I snickered easily at them.

Our breakfast came out. We dug in and it took another photo before posting it. My phone was taken by a man eating biscuits and gravy. "No more posts until after noon." He said. We finished our breakfast paid and left. I gave Thomas my dog and got my phone out of Colts back pocket.

"Thank you!" I said. Before running to my side. We got in and head back to the arena. Once there I hooked up my trailer and loaded my horse and panels. I saw Colt pull out with Max asleep in the passenger side. I pulled out after him and headed for the nearest gas station.

After I fueled up I used the restroom and got a drink for the road. Almost a six hour drive. Including going through Dallas and Austin.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Hey readers sorry the short chapter I wanted to end it here for a reason. So you wouldn't want to here her complain about the traffic.
Comment, Vote, Enjoy