Chapter:23

"So how was last night?" Miranda asked. "Yeah are you expecting?" "Last night was fun and no not yet he's wanting to wait until I can be far along that it won't hurt the it." "Oh so he wants to do it but is waiting for the right time." "Can we just drop the subject before they show up out of nowhere and he gets mad at me for bringing it up?"

"Talking bout the future again aren't ya?" Mikey asked walking up. Uh oh. "No children until after we're married. Especially not more than one." Colt said as he came up behind me. "At once." I finished for him. "I wouldn't say that if I were you." Nathan said standing next to Mikey.

"You do know that she can be two and a half months and still be able to ride." Miranda said. "How do you know?" "Uh some guy got me preg last year mid season and now the baby is with its adopted parents?." "Who?" "No clue I forgot his name and if I want the child before its old enough to remember me I need the bio father present."

"Did you get a Dna test done?" "Yeah but the last name was Diaz." Mikey looked up. "What is the gender?" He asked. "Girl." "Did the test show any ethnic?" "Yeah." Mikey looked at her weirdly. "And." "It showed a little bit of Mexican." Mikey's eyes went big. "Oh my gosh I didn't realize that happened. That morning I woke up and the woman was gone.

"Wait so you could be the bio father of my baby?" "It's a possibility. If I see a picture I can tell you." Miranda handed him her phone. He nodded. "Where is she now?" "Las Vegas." "We can get her when we go for finals." "You mean that?" He nodded.

She hugged him. Colt kissed my head as he rested his chin on it. He finally wrapped his arms around me. "So what now?" Nathan asked. I broke out of Colt's grip and got on his horse. Izzy got onto her boyfriend's and we took off.

"Best idea ever." "Eh it's just been a while since I've ridden this boy." Next thing I knew Colt was behind me and Nathan was behind Izzy. "Can't get away from me that easily." "I know just be glad your horse let you on." He chuckled before putting an arm around me.

He took the reins in the other and moved Jet into a trot. I felt him kiss my temple. "The worst part is when you run off without telling me." "Then I promise never to run off without telling you." I said leaning my head into the crook of his arm. His grip tightened as he brought Jet into a lope.

We got to the ring and me and Izzy got off. I climbed up and sat on the top of the railing. Colt whistled. I hopped down and went over to the calf chute. Izzy put one in and I waited for them to call it.

One whistled and I opened it. They both hauled out. Nathan roped the head while Colt heeled. This was Colt's way of team roping. Helping out Nathan when his partner was gone during the day.

Once the calf was roped I went out and untied the calf. I got the heel rope off before the head. It took off before I could grab it. I just walked back whistling. The calf become curious and followed. I snatched it and carried it back to the chutes.

Colt wolf whistled at me. "Looking good baby." I put the calf in and reset the chute. "Dang it." "What?" Izzy asked. "It's stuck." "You gotta do it quickly." She told me. I quickly did it and the calf went in. "See." Then a piercing sound went through the site.

The horses and calves went crazy. "Whoa." The men yelled as they fell off their horses. I fell to the ground with my hands over my ears. Once it was over I saw a dark shadow go over me. Jet reared as I quickly grabbed him. Once I got my hand on his bridle he calmed some.

Colt grabbed the other side and helped me calm him. "That's enough for today." He said. Once back at the trailer Jet's tack was taken off and put up until tonight.
_____________________________________________________
August 10, Stillwater, Ok
I dropped Colt off at his house and spent the night before hitting the road the next day. Once I got home nothing was like it was with him. Matt greeted me followed by the rest of the family.