Chapter:15

May 5, Stillwater, Ok
I finished tying Jet to the trailer and was ready to ride. The area behind the chutes was full of cowboys waiting for their go round. I stood watching as the first bronc rider went out. He moved perfectly on the horse. Staying on hoping for a perfect score. "Drouten." My last name was called. Mikey wished me luck as the buzzer rang for Colt.

I glanced at the people now going to cheer me on. I had on an orange pearl snap and chaps with Stillwater written across the left leg and Pistol Pete on my right thigh. They were my pride and joy hen I rode here.

I got onto the pitch black horse with a white star on his head. I fixed myself. Sitting straight, leaning to the right. I nodded ready for Machine Gun to try me. He bucked out and went into his signature pattern for getting cowboys off. Me studying the pattern helped.

Once I heard the buzzer my attention dropped from the horse. My hand still had a death grip on the horse. Next thing I knew I hit the ground backwards and started running for my life. I climbed over the ring fence and saw the horse.

Colt came running up to me. He threw his arms around me. I felt so much safer in his arms. "You ok Cupcake?" He asked before kissing my forehead. "Yeah I'm fine he just surprised me when I heard the buzzer." Colt's grip loosened and finally dropped. "Might want to get ready for bull riding." I told him. He nodded before turning around for the chutes. "And don't get hurt." I yelled after him.

"So that's who your dating." I jumped seeing Luke behind me. "That was some show baby. I'll give you a better show." He said before he grabbed mr arm. "No. Never again Luke." "Aw too bad your boyfriend won't be doing this." He said as he slammed me against a trailer.

I could see lust in his eyes. "If you even try its your life." I told him. "Oh but you've already let me once." He quickly took my shirt off and belt. Before slamming into my lips. It felt and tasted disgusting. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

We heard spurs clicking against the dirt. I tried to push him away. No use he'd only get closer to my body. He leaned in. "Have fun explaining the hickey to your boyfriend baby." My eyes got big. He left me there puzzled.

I quickly ran to my trailer and went into the bathroom and locked myself in there. I heard the door open. I quietly sobbed about what I was going to do. "Hedli?" Colt's voice was soft and concerned. "I'm fine." I told him. "It doesn't sound like it." "Please leave me alone for a few minutes." I said before my body racked with sobs.

I heard the door slam. I unlocked the door and looked out. All his stuff was gone. A note on the counter said that it was over. He broke up with me before I could explain anything. I took my clothes off. One of his shirts was under my bed. It was his John Deere one that he wore when I visited his house.

I put it on not caring that it was too large for me. I found a three fourths bottle of whiskey under the sink. I drank a little of it before I passed out. The bottle was sitting in plain sight.
_____________________________________________________
I woke up in a slight hangover. Not even puking. I screwed the lid onto the bottle and put it back where I found it. I was trading my truck in for a new one. I drove to the dealership in my old one. I found this F3-50 in blue jeans color with tan interior.

It was fully loaded. A man came out to see if I needed any help. "Hello may I help you?" "Um yes I would like to buy this truck." "The blue jeans?" "Yes." "Fully loaded?" "Yes sir." "Well then let's get it to be yours."

I took my truck to the building while he pulled that one up next to it. I went inside and signed everything needed. I paid and got my tag and title. The old one helped to pay by trading it in. I got my stuff out and put it into my new truck.

I went and got my license plate quickly before I had to be back. I put it into the console and drove back to the arena. Tonight was the last night. I hooked my truck up to my trailer. I found the spare key to the trailer inside a kitchenette drawer. I put it in my truck in the glove compartment.

He didn't find the shirt he left which was fine by me. I wanted it. He had gotten his stuff out of the bathroom and completely left. I checked under the sink. There were still two full bottles of whiskey and the half.

I could guarantee that by the time I'm passed out it will be a quarter full. I put on my shirt for tonight it was black with orange detailing. I put my chaps and vest on and finally my spurs. I pressed my hat down before stepping out and locking the door. I saddled Reno and warmed her up.

"Barrel Racers."

The announcer called for me and several others including Izzy. I was first tonight. I got into place several cowboys wolf whistled at the women and me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Colt talking to Mikey. He had a bud in his hand drinking it. I'd have to talk to Mikey later about this.

I nodded saying I was ready. I got Reno to and around the first barrel cutting it finely. Once I got around the third I kicked it home. Now all I have to do is try to kick it to nationals without getting distracted by a certain person.

"That was amazing girl! Best ride yet. You ok?" Nathan asked "Yeah I'm ok and thanks." "I'll take Reno out to your trailer. I saw you got a new truck." I smiled and watched the cowboy take my horse to be cooled off. He was a roper and it was after bull and bronc riding.

"Winner of that is Stillwater's very own Hedli Drouten."

I wanted to here that once more tonight. I watched as the cowboys rode the Bulls. When it was Mikey's turn I whooped and hollered. Once he was out I went up to him. "Congrats Mik." "Thanks girl. Hey what's up with Colt? He asked me if he could now travel with me." "No clue, last night I told him that I needed a few minutes to myself and he stormed off like I did something wrong. I guess he either saw something earlier or someone texted him bout it."

"What happened?" "Luke." Was all I said before walking off. Due to him. Almost drunk. They called the bronc riders. I drew my horse. Several cowboys snickered. "Shut up." I said harshly. They did as told. Colt was first up tonight. "Drunka*s." I said under my breath.

I looked out into the arena. They were ready for the horse and rider. "Hedli." I went up ready for my ride. Colt was out holding on. I slid onto the back of the bronc. He lurched forward. I got into position just as the buzzer rang. The horse was corralled and that gate was closed.

I took a deep breath and nodded to the gate man. Next thing I felt was adrenaline. The buzzer sounded as my back hit the horse's. I got my hand free and I was able to get off the horse. I ran for the side and climbed over. Once safe I watched the rest of the event.

Izzy was next to me talking about something to Nathan. "Isn't that right Hedli?" "Hum?" I answered looking at her. "I said that you had that ride in the bag right?" "Yeah." I said as the last rider went.

I walked back to my trailer after getting my second place award. I drank the rest of the bottle before I was passed out in his shirt.
_____________________________________________________
"Hedli what happened?" Izzy? My mind was fuzzy from last night. "Looks like she drank an entire bottle." Nathan? Finally I opened my eyes and saw the two. Ohhh hangovered from wait full bottle? I looked down. It was half full last night. Dang it I drank half a bottle.

I sat up at looked at them. "No I didn't drink an entire bottle it was half full last night." I told them. "So half a bottle of whiskey can make you pass out?" "Yup due to my liver." I answered Izzy. Nathan handed me a bottle of water and some ibuprofen for the headache.

"Might have to get on the road." He told me. "I know what time is it?" "Nine. In the morning." He answered. "Give me until noon to get this out of my system." I said getting up. I got a pair of jeans with holes and a tee. I took a shower and got ready for the day.

I went out and loaded Reno up. I loaded the stock panels up and locked the trailer. I made sure the exterior door was locked and closed tight. The trailer was hitched up and attached to my truck. I pulled out and to a gas station. I fueled up used the restroom and got a drink for the road along with breakfast.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Hey another chapter in a day. Sweet.
Looks like there was some misunderstandings with Colt it was kind foretold in a previous chapter about his temper.
Well sorry for the short chapter
Vote, Comment, Enjoy