Chapter:2

I woke up to the sound of horses neighing. I got up and grabbed my hoodie. I pulled my boots on and stepped outside. I went straight for my animals. I saw Colt clearly in the early morning. He was out in the arena with his horse.

I put food in Reno's tray before giving Sully his food. I look two trailers down. Stuff was being thrown and kicked. Max came out cussing. His horse was cautiously eating his breakfast as his owner made a mess of the area.

"Good thing that didn't wake me." I told Reno as I brushed her out. Once I was done there I cleaned her hooves out. I braided her mane and tail. "Enjoy doing that?" I looked up to see Colt coming this way. "It's a great stress reliever for me." I said as I finished her tail. "Plus it keeps it neat." I said walking around her.

"Mind if I leave him here for a second?" "Not at all." He tied his horse up and walked towards the commotion. He came back with the bay. "Yeah it's best to keep the animals away from him when he gets mad.

"Let me guess he got no action last night?" He chuckled. "I wish I knew." The radio was playing in the background. I turned it up. Something bad was playing. "Music soothes my pets." "Mine too." "If your wondering if I only have red animals. I don't these are just two of my many." "Got any black animals?" "At the moment two black cats, one black dog, and about five different patterned black horses. None of them are straight black." "Nice I got my black horse cause he goes with everything." His horse tried to nip at his ear.

"So what's your horse's name?" "Jet." "Cool and the bay?" "No clue what his name is. What did you think of Hellova night?" "He was a major BSTRD." "That what I thought he was when I rode him last time I was here."

We talked until my phone rang. "Excuse me." I said as I walked to the front of my truck. "Hello?" "Hedli, baby girl how are you?" Oh my gosh it's Luke. "What do you want Luke?" "Just checking up on my sweet little minion that is going to get the beating of a life time if she doesn't get back home. Now." I hung up quicker than I could blink.

I marched into my trailer and got my bridle. After putting it on her I led her out to the arena and got on. I cantered her down to the middle of it. Luke texted me.
'If your not home by morning I'm hunting you down'

I called my phone carrier and had them switch my phone number. I had a pen in my back pocket for some reason and used it to write down my new phone number. Then I reset my number in my phone.

"Hopefully Luke doesn't find me." I blocked his number and texted my family that I changed my number. They understood the reason.

Luke basically took me in after my parents died and care for me until I started to rodeo. That's when he started beating me. Non of these men knew how abusive he was. They all thought he was an overly protective father or something.

I saw a black horse come running out. Jet. I slid off Reno's back and took the reins off. They played around. I found myself laughing when Jet purposely dropped to the ground. Reno followed and before I knew it they were both up again.

They took off running again before going into a bucking, squealing episode. For several more minutes they acted like complete foals. I was almost on the ground laughing. Finally they were tired. I put leads on them and took them back for a drink.

Colt was there waiting on his horse. I still had the goofiest grin on my face. He opened the gate while I led both horses out. After he closed it I handed him his horse and we walked over to the water troughs.

"Has you horse ever acted like that?" I asked him. "With other women or horses?" "Both." "Well to answer the woman part, no. Your the first one he's let lead and touch and the horses part, sometimes. It depends on the horse."

I reached my hand out and ran it down Jet's coat. At first he flinched but then settled into my hand. I kept running my hand over and over on his coat until he was almost asleep.

"He's taken a real liking to you." I smiled after he finished.

Colt's P.O.V.
I can't believe a woman actually can handle my dark horse. She's just, she's pretty, fun, someone I can talk to when something's come up. Her eyes were what caught me yesterday. I feel that I can tell her anything. Her smile, her laugh, the way she handles horses just right.

I stood there as the horses drank. Once they were done we walked back to our trailers. I couldn't help but smirk as I watched her walk to hers. Her dog bounded like he was excited to see her. I'd do that too if I was him.

I tied Jet up to the trailer before walking into my own. The door wasn't locked so I thought Max was taking a nap. I walked into a scene not to be described vividly but two naked bodies on my bed. I stormed out slamming the door in the process. I turned left at the truck. Heading for the arena. Several men were there just goofing off.

"Hey Colt did you already do that new filly?" I was about to lie when Max came storming up to me. "What the hell Colt?" Usually cussing someone out was easy. Cussing Max out was a little bit harder than that.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Hey readers second chapter is done. Hope you enjoyed a view from Colt's side of the situation.
Vote, Comment, Enjoy