Chapter:12

We heard Aaron yell Matt's name out. Before the sound of his boots faded. "What did you do?" I whispered. "I may have accidentally left the arena gate open?" "Which horse got out?" "The dapple stallion that we got a few days after you left." "Dang it Matt he's going to kill you." "I know unless I find him."

We heard a shrill whinny. I jumped up and snuck out of the stall. Speed walking I went out of the barn to the back arena. There in the middle was the dapple stallion. The gate was wide open. I went up to the gate and closed myself in with the horse.

He spooked to the far side before coming up to me. I grabbed onto his halter and led him to the gate. He shied and I let go. I watched as he ran to the opposite side. An idea came into my head. I opened the gate and swung it far before latching it to the fence. I went back to the middle and waited on the horse. Finally he came to me and I once again had ahold of his halter.

Once at the gate he reared before settling. I put a lead on him and led him to the barn. "Matt here's the horse." I yelled rather loudly. He popped his head up from the stall and came out to grab the horse. "Where was he?" Matt whispered. "In the back arena." I whispered back.

"Matthew." Aaron hollered. "Gotta go." I said before disappearing into the stall he came out of.

Colt's P.O.V.
I watched as Hedli snuck out of the stall. "Have you ever done anything like that?" Matt asked me. "Several times. Especially to Bucky, my older brother." He giggled a little before saying. "I honestly didn't mean to lose it. I just wanted to help him out." "I understand little buddy. Been there done that except it was to my cousin. I wanted to ride bulls and rope so bad that I went out into a pen with two Bulls in it. I got onto the smaller of the two causing him to go ballistic."

"Whoa. And now look at you." "Yeah but the lesson I got from that was don't get onto a bull that's not in a chute and ask permission to learn. When he told me that I could go just asked him to teach me. That was after I had broke my arm."

We laughed at our mistake before Hedli called out Matt's really loud. He quickly left me to ponder how different I was from him. He wanted to be a horse trainer like his brother. His brother was his role model when he was here.

My cousin was my role model when I was around him. I wanted to be just like him and look at what I've grown up to be. I thought before I heard Aaron yell out Matthew and Hedli jumped over the bottom half of the stall door.

She tripped on the hay and fell into my lap. My right arm caught her back as my left caught her thighs. I sat her down on my lap and cradled her. "Hedli, grandpa wants to talk to you and your boyfriend." We heard Matt call.

I picked her up bridal style and carried her out. "Colt I can walk." "I don't care." I said laughing. "Ugh. Your impossible sometimes." She complained. "But you love me." I cooed. Once we were at the porch I set her down.

I opened the door for her and closed after I came in. Her grandfather was sitting in the living room talking with her uncle and aunt. I sat down before she could sit down next to me I pulled her onto my lap. "Colt." She mumbled.

"Glad you two are getting comfy." Grandpa Drouten said. She scooted farther into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and put my head in the crook of her neck.

Man this girl drove me crazy. I could tell her grandfather was giving us wisdom on dating. My head kept spinning with images of her. One was her naked, another was her reaction when I proposed to her to marry me. The last one was her holding a baby sitting on my front porch waiting for me to come home.

Yup the first one was bound to come true tonight. The second one might happen. Then the last one wouldn't happen without the second. "Colt, when you two actually plan on doing it I hope you guys are using protection or at least her taking the pill."