Chapter:11

Hedli's P.O.V.
We were packed and ready to go to my home. Colt kissed my forehead before locking the back of my trailer. We walked hand in hand to my side. He opened the door like he always did and helped me in. Once I was seated he closed the door and hurried to his side.

I started the truck while he got in. "Any last words before we head north west?" I asked. "Not until I ask where we are." I turned up the radio. It was on an older station with Willie Nelson and several others. I've been everywhere by Johnny Cash came on.
'I was totin' my pack along the dusty winnemucca road,
When along came a semi with a high an' canvas load...........

I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the desert's bare, man.
I've breathed that mountain air, man
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere.

I've been to
Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota,
Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota,
Witchita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma,
Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma,
Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo,
Tocapillo, Barranquilla, and Perdilla, I'm a killer

I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the desert's bare, man.
I've breathed that mountain air, man
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere.

I've been to
Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana,
Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana,
Monterey, Faraday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa,
Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa,
Tennessee to Tennessee Chicopee, Spirit Lake,
Grand Lake, Devils Lake, Crater Lake, for Pete's sake.'

"I've been everywhere!" We both finished with the song.

He switched the station to Blake fm cause we were near Witchita Falls. Then I switched it to KLUR. It played the old and new on one station.

Once we got to Oklahoma City I pulled off to get fuel. "So how much longer?" He asked. "About an hour." I told him. "I'll watch it while you run inside real quick."

I went in and used the bathroom cause I've been holding it since after Chickasha. Once I was done I got a drink for me and him. I paid and hurried out. "Seriously?" I handed him his cup. He took a sip and calmed down. "Now I'll be back." He said before handing me the cup.

I put our drinks in the cup holders. I popped the sweet tea tab on top of the cup before the fuel stopped. I squeezed the handle of the nozzle a few more times before swiping my card. I got in waiting. He came running out and I started the engine. He got in and buckled before i pulled out. Heading straight for my stomping grounds.

Once we hit the city limits I rolled down the windows. We passed the university and the stadium. After going through town I turned down a dirt road. Tattoos on this town came on. "Woo hoo." "Man what have I missed?" "You'll see." I told him.

I stopped at a mailbox getting the mail for grandma. I backed up and pulled in. I punched the code in and the gate opened. Matthew was there on a four wheeler. "Hey cuz Aaron's been waitin'." "I know. Where's grandma and your mom?" "In the barn. We already have a stall cleaned out and Reno's too." "Lead the way."

I followed my cousin past the arena to the barn next to my house.
I backed the trailer up to the barn and cut the engine. I got out and went to the back. "Hey baby girl." I sped up and ran to my grandma. I hugged her like I haven't seen her in months. "I missed you." "I missed you too, now where's this boy I heard so much bout from your grandpa?"

I laughed. "He's unloading the horses." "Then let's meet him!" She said enthusiastically. I laughed again.

Colt's P.O.V.
I watched her come out of the barn with an elderly woman. That must be her grandmother. She came up to me as I had the horses in hand. "Colt." I walked up to her with Reno and Jet tailing. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you." The lady said sticking her hand out. I generously shook it.