7- Daze is a life-saver!

The thing that hovers yards in front of me is huge. Standing with two trunks as legs is a beast that towers over me and casts me into its dark shadow. Vines are wrapped around the white legs of the slimy creature, the twisted green plants wrapping around its chest too in an intricate pattern. The thing's chest is at least as big as the car I had just been in, and the gigantic muscles that bulge out of its abdomen sends chills up my arms and down my legs. The creature has long arms covered with white fur and wrapped in vines that reach the ground, hands balancing its huge body along with his extensive feet.

   As my eyes climb up the beast's body, I realize that it isn't the worst part of it. The worst part is the rows of jagged sharp teeth that have slobber hanging from them. Huge beady red eyes sit above the animal's ample amount of sharp teeth and burly nose that is flaring over and over again as if it can sniff me better than it can stare into my soul, like it is doing right now.

   "Do not move." Jade's voice crashes into my ears, sending waves of nausea through me along with the feeling of helplessness.

   There is no way in hell that that thing isn't going to change its mind about what it is having for dinner, which is most likely me.

   A scream pierces the air like a tornado siren, tearing my ears away into numbness for the long minute it continued, and after the scream is finished, I realize it came from my open mouth.

   I hear a curse slip out of Wolfe's mouth from behind me, but my mind barely registers it. Instead, it registers that the monster's tongue slipped out of its mouth and is now hanging, thick needle-like objects sticking out of the red muscle.

   Wolfe is in front of me in a matter of seconds, blocking the horrifying creature from my view, and, before I even realize it, Jade is beside him. Instead of facing the monster with determination in her eyes like Wolfe is, Jade is on the pavement scrambling for Wolfe's knife from earlier, panic and fear covering the rest of her feelings up in her stormy eyes.

   After she grasps the knife, she rushes over to me. With one swift and fast motion, she swipes upward from my ankles and chops off the rope that had bound me to be crippled.

   Her free hand whips out towards me, fingers anticipating my touch, but she never gets the chance to help me up. In horror she turns her eyes to her wrist and witnesses a green vine coiling around it. She attempts to cut herself loose, but vines wrap around her left hand too and yank her off of the ground and into the air.

   She screams to the top of her lungs as she struggles, vines wrapping her wrists together above her and more vines twisting around her ankles. Laid out flat in the air with green wires tugging at both ends of her body, she screams and yelps, but none of that helps her out.

   The monster pulls her towards his mouth, his pointy tongue hanging open in anticipation. The vines are strung to his hands and his hands are the things that guide her body towards his mouth, his disfigured jaw opening so wide that her whole body would fit inside.

   Unable to do anything, I stare in horror as blood-curdling screams rise from her throat and the creature's tongue pierces her side with one of its knife-like things that sprout from it.

   Then, the creature suddenly freezes. It's eyes are no longer lingering over its dinner, but are inspecting something below it. As I look now, I realize that it is looking down at a wound that has appeared  in the center of one of its big legs, black blood grossly oozing from it.