17- Two opposite halves make a broken whole.

"How did you find me, mother?" I change the subject after I catch my breath, my heart spinning and spinning around inside of me like a cotton candy machine.

"Easy..." She replies softly. "I put a GPS tracker in your arm once you were born... All I had to do was get online to find you."

"A GPS tracker?!?... In my arm?!"

"Yes." She responds without any shame or guilt present in her voice nor expression.

"Alright... It's at the bottom of my 'things to be angry at mom for' list." I inform her with a snicker. "If you can find me do you think you can find my friends??"

"Friends?" She laughs, her curls bouncing in the air elegantly. "Honey I already sent two of my people out to get them for you... I saw their trackers on the map when I saw yours."

A wave of relief rolls over my body and I carefully take a deep breath in, letting out most of my worries along with my it.

"So what is going on, mom? Where are we??" I ask her, getting straight to the point as my eyes wander over to the group of people that still chat amongst themselves.

"Right now we are trying to formulate a plan on how to hold off Fen..." She informs me, her voice suddenly hard as iron. "My sources say they are going to create the largest of their portals next week and have an army of no-goods charge right through it to any dimension they choose."

"We can't let that happen." She continues with a look of worry. "A portal like that and the amount of no-goods could take out at the least, three dimensions."

I curse under my breath and feel my heartbeat begin to speed up as my mother explains more.

"We are in the no-goods dimension right now in an underground hideout in the middle of the woods. Your daddy build it with his own sweat and blood... Thank goodness..." She tells me with her words dispersing in my ears like a adrenaline-releasing mist. "We would be no-goods' dinner without this hideout."

"Dang..." I breathe, my throat tightening up at her words. Before I can get any other words out, though, I hear a small voice speak from behind me.

"Who are you?"

I whirl around and standing right before my tired eyes is Ellie, her left hand holding her knife and her right hand moving nervously. Her eyes make her look more beautiful, if that is even possible, their blue/gray tint a mixture between my mother's majestic eyes and my father's kind ones. Her dark, curly hair cradles her fragile face and her freckles stand out against her pale skin.

Feeling dumbfounded, I just peer into her hesitant gaze. One of her thin eyebrows peek into the air and then her mouth opens as if she has something to say but the words don't come out. Her teeth look almost identical to my perfect-looking ones but right in the middle of her two front teeth juts a small gap. The gap adds to her character though, I realize, because it suits her looks.

"Good-afternoon baby..." My mother coos to the kid and then comes over next to me, her smile bright with pride and admiration. "I have some news to tell you..."

"Momma..." She says with the cutest voice, her tone so even as it flows into my ears. "That girl looks just like you..."

My mom is taken aback, her eyes fluttering before widening and looking over at me. Her expression is priceless, a combination of astonishment and disbelief.

She gathers her posture again and then replies with a soft tone, saying, "Well I guess I've never noticed before. Ellie, dear, say hello to Eve... She is your sister."