Chapter 2: Beginning Anew

The trio enjoyed their first day of the final year. One thing stayed fresh in Dipper's mind however. The fact that the rest of their lives all depended on this year. He was reminded as he looked at Pacifica.
As close as we are, will could never be able to stay together. Dipper thought.
Dipper had a job as CEO of a major corporation. That was enough to fulfill his current expenses. But was it enough for him to live?He had tried to push those things away long before the school year started.
He and Trey had even joined the football team during the summer and were going onto the state championship but was that enough. Dipper didn't even know he was any good at sports until then.
Eighth period had ended with Dipper and Pacifica walking down the hall. Like usual, they had all the same classes together.
"Hey Pacifica, can I ask you about something?" Dipper asked casually.
"Yeah, go ahead." She said in response.
"Um well do... do you think we'll always be like this, together." He asked.
Pacifica froze in her tracks and looked down.
"Well uh..." She looked back up with a somewhat fake smile. "Yes! Absolutely, Dipper. Why would you even ask such a silly question?You're a part of my life, we can't be separated! Not after all we've...been through." She unnoticeable bit her lip.
"Good, I don't know why I was so worried." Dipper said.
"Hey you wanna go out? We haven't really gone out in a while." Pacifica asked.
"Yeah sure. Where did you wanna go?" He asked.
"Anywhere's fine. Just as long as it's with you." She said in a semi quiet tone.
As they walked something bugged at Dipper's mind. He couldn't help but notice something was out of place.