Chapter 16: Knowing is not Remembering

Spring!
Two pieces of toast popped up. Dipper put them on a plate with scrabbled eggs and bacon. He set the plate in front of the girl, still speechless.
"You say you don't remember anything, do you have a name?" Dipper asked.
"Yeah its M..." She took a long pause. "I'm sorry, I don't remember. And can I have some more of this stuff." She held up a piece of bacon.
"Amnesia, hmm. Seriously, you can't remember what bacon is?" Dipper asked. He placed the plate full of the fried meat next to her and watched as she shoveled it down.
"Man, you really like meat huh?"
She nodded.
"Here, your name starts with an 'M' right, why don't I say some names like that so it might jog your memory." Dipper got her attention.
"Marry, Margaret, Maddie," She looked down like she was scanning all of the to find a match.
"Marana, Mindy, Makoto, Matil..."
She gusped.
"What Matilda?" Dipper questioned.
"No go back one."
"Makoto?" She said.
Her eyes lit up.
"Makoto," She repeated. "Makoto, that's my name! Makoto Woods!"
Dippers eyes widened. Makoto, he didn't expect that to her name. As far as he was concerned, he made the sounds up on the spot, more so trying to entertain her than guess her name, which he was aware should have been close to impossible. Yet why did he choose that specific arrangement of sounds? It was if he recognized it from something, something a long time ago. But he couldn't remember why.