Chapter 20: It Begins

Dipper raced as fast as he could back to the Northwest mansion. Upon arriving, he waited impatiently for the butler to open the front gates. He pulled into the driveway, which hosted a black sedan parked prior to his arrival. He rushed in to see a doctor with a suit and tie hovering around an unconscious Makoto. Pacifica was on a nearby chair crying with a phone in her hand.
"What happened?" Dipper asked.
"Mr Pines, is it? I was here earlier when your friend's condition was stabilized but now Ms. Northwest called me again to find her condition had worsened dramatically. I'm afraid if her fever doesn't change soon, well have to take her into the hospital; even then, I'm not sure if there's much we can do for her." The doctor informed Dipper. He knew he was telling the truth.
The doctor packed up his brief case and stood up. "Well that's about all I can do for right now. I'll be back in the morning to see how she's doing. In the meantime, don't hesitate to call me."
"Yes, thank you for your time." Dipper watched as he left through the grand front door.
Pacifica stood up and wiped her tears.
"How is she?" She asked.
"Not good, I guess we can only hope things get better from here." He lied. Things weren't going to get better. Makoto Woods -Dipper finally understood where she got Woods from- was going to die. But still, he hoped that she wasn't who he thought she was, or Ford may have been wrong.
"Okay, I'll go make some coffee, do you want any?" Pacifica started to walk away.
"No, I think I'm going to stay here with Makoto." He replied.
Pacifica walked away.
Dipper sat down on the chair, which surprisingly woke Makoto up.
"Hey Makoto, how are you feelin..." He was interrupted by the sound of crying. It was Makoto.
"Makoto, what's wrong?" Dipper asked surprised at the answer he got.
Makoto leaped off the couch and hugged Dipper tightly still crying.
"I just r-remembered... everything. Why d-Dipper, why did you leave me." Dipper's eyes widened and then he teared up a bit.
"I just wanted to stay with you, Dipper."
Dipper hugged back.
"I'm so sorry I left you. But I promise I'll be with you for whatever time you have left." He said, blinking the water out of his eyes.
Makoto loosely smiled.
"T-thanks. That's all I needed. Dipper thank you for the time that I got to spend with you." Makoto said.
"Yeah, your welcome." Dipper continued to hug her.
Suddenly he was hugging nothing. Dipper fell under the absence of the mass that was supporting him, unexpectedly hitting the hardwood floor. Makoto disapeared. Dipper held his emotions back, because he he was aware this was going to happen. Dipper smiled at the thought of Makoto happy wherever she may be.