Chapter 17: Makoto

Pacifica walked in with a blanket wrapped around her.
"Why was I on the couch?" She said rubbing her eyes.
She noticed Makoto sitting at the bar, eating breakfast. Her eyes widened at the stranger in her house until she remembered bringing the girl inside.
"So did you find anything out?" Pacifica asked. Dipper was trying to piece where he heard the name.
Finally noticing her, he sat in amazement, flabbergasted by the fact she could pull herself up this early. Pacifica wasn't a mornings person. On any day without school, she wasn't an anytime of day person.
"How can a person be this much asleep and still be conscious? And I found out her name is Makoto Woods and she can't remember anything but me. I think she has amnesia or something."
Makoto looked at Pacifica.
"Oh right, this is Pacifica Northwest, and you apparently already know me, Dipper Pines." He introduced.
"Since you're up, can you watch her, I need to go explain why were not at school today." Dipper put on his vest.
"Fine." She groaned and sat at the counter.
Dipper tipped his cap to Makoto and headed out of the kitchen to the main door.
Dipper left for an hour and a half to come pack to a deserted mansion.
A bit worried, Dipper called Pacifica on his cellphone.
"Hello." She answered.
"Hey, where'd you guys go?"
"Oh, down by the lake, figured it might make her remember something. Well she did actually."
"Okay I'm on my way, talk to you later." He hung up and drove to the lake near the falls.
There, he saw Pacifica sitting by the lake with Makoto.
"Any luck?" Dipper asked.
"This is the only place I can remember." Makoto remarked.
She kept looking around. Pacifica got up with an sad expression.
"What's wrong?" Dipper asked.
"Nothing, just it's strange. So I was at the police station earlier while you where gone to see if they had a Missing Persons' report for Makoto."
"And..."
"They didn't. So I called around to almost every major police station in the state and no one's heard of a Makoto Woods, let alone looking for one." She spoke softly so Makoto couldn't hear.
Dipper struggled to understand why no one would be worried about losing a young girl. He then looked at Makoto who was on the shore of the lake watching the small waves come and go.
She is all alone, without memory, without family, without existence.