Chapter 22: Slow Down

Pacifica left. It all seemed so fast from Dipper's perspective, and hard too. How can you say goodbye to someone that important in your life and you're worried you'll never see them again. Even after Pacifica left, Dipper still sat at the airport. He was thinking about her, every they had been through up until that point.
~~
He saw Pacifica clutching onto the remaining part of haul with one hand and one her space helmet in the other. The rest of her was mere feet away from the cold emptiness of space.
"Pacifica grab on!" Dipper lowered his hand.
"I can't!" Pacifica exclaimed, crying.
Dipper got even dangerously closer.
"Push youself toward me." Dipper suggested.
Pacifica did as instructed but space pulled her back to were she was, now she was being dragged because of loosing her grip.
"PACIFICA!" Dipper shouted.
"You have to finish the mission without me." She said crying in fear.
"No, we'll find a way, don't let go!"
"Dipper, I, I," There eyes met for a second and it's almost like Dipper could read he mind, within his space suit.
Dipper I, I, I love you. He heard in his mind.
"I, me too." Dipper said back in tears.
Pacifica smiled within her tears just like at the movie theater.
"Pacifica, don't please."
"Save the world. I'm sorry, goodbye Dipper." She slid off into the darkness of space.
"NO, PACIFICA!!"
~~
Don't leave, not again.
Dipper woke up. He was still at the airport. It was 7:43 PM. He realized he had fallen asleep. He got up and walked out. Dipper started his car remembering what he said.
"I'll wait."
Could he wait? Four years? He drove off.
Pacifica had missed the graduation ceremony the following week. By no surprise, Dipper got into Westcoast Tech. Fortunately, Trey was accepted as well, so at least he would have a familiar face at college.
Whatever happened from then on, Pacifica was always in the back of his mind. It seemed unreal that she would leave so abruptly.