Chapter 18

*1 week later*

Finally I get to go back to work and do something productive. I hop up out of bed and make my way back to into my routine that I was just starting to get into. I turn on the shower and quickly strip off my shirt and underwear. My cuts are healing finally, my giant bruise is now faded, and my head healed way faster than I expected. I only saw Harry twice this past week and I wonder if he will be in class today. 

The water is too hot and I race to turn the knobs. Steam rises from the shower, and once the water is set I quickly get into lathering my hair. Today after work I am going in for a hair cut. My dark hair is now slightly past my waist, and it is in my way of taking an efficient shower. 

Once I am out, I dry myself thoroughly, brush my teeth. I towel dry my hair as I walk out of the bathroom and into my room. I make my way over to my chest and dig out my pencil skirt, I find my old gray knit sweater, and a matching pair of whit panties and bra. I dress quickly and tuck my hair up in a bun. My bun is big and bulky, but it suffices. I put on a little foundation to cover the yellowing skin of my bruise. I gather my papers and shoes then head out into the living room. Kristen is fast asleep with her stupid pink mask. I go into the kitchen and grab a yogurt and plastic spoon, maybe having Kristen here isn't so bad, at least she keeps the fridge stocked. I gather the rest of my items and exit the apartment.

I hail a cab, and a woman quickly pulls up to the curb.

"Hallo," She speaks in a European accent.

"Hey, uh you know the NYU campus? North campus." I say placing my yogurt in my bag.

"Sure, I know." She says pulling out into the street. I'm surprised she didn't ask for the exact address, when most of them do. 

With in no time she pulls up to the curb, I hand her a twenty and tell her to keep the change. Once I am out on the sidewalk, I see some people already entering the building. I smooth out my skirt and swipe a loose piece of hair behind my ear before starting towards the building. When I pull open the doors, the room goes silent, every eye is on me. Once I set my things down on the wooden desk, an applause slowly erupts from the crowd of students.  I scan the crowd looking for him. I spot him smiling at me at the top row, he knows I was looking for him. After a few moments of applause I wave my hands out to settle the crowd.

"Okay! Yes I'm back! But we have a lot to cover so settle down!" I say loudly so it echos over their now calming claps. I quickly dive into the lecture. My eyes dart a few times in Harry's direction, and he just looks on at me. The time flies by and before I know it, I have to wrap it up.

"Okay kiddies! Essays? Leave them on my desk on your way out! Any questions?" I ask before dismissing the group. A load of hands shoot up and I pick on an Asian kid in the 5th row.

"When are we having our discussion on Robinson Crusoe?" He asks.

"Next week for sure," I smile at him, a few hands go down and I point to a girl in the first row.

"What happened to you?" She asks about my absence.

"I had an accident. Okay everyone can go!" I say a little too quickly. As I pack up I wait for Harry to show up next to me, and as expected he does. 

"Hey pretty lady," He says leaning up against the white board, smudging my notes. I cringe at his choice of words, recalling the 'accident'. 

"Don't call me that," I say as I slip the rather large stack of essays into a brown folder. 

"Why? It's what you are, one fine pretty lady," He looks at me and wiggles his eyebrows. I give him a genuine smile then head out the door into the sunlight. "What are you doing tonight?" He says joining me at my side.

"Grading papers," I say slowing my pace because I have no where to be for the next hour.

"How about you skip the papers and let me take you somewhere," He says cornering me to stand in front of me. 

"I will only skip grading important papers if you are taking me to the moon," I say looking up into his alluring face. 

"What if I am?" He smiles and it's almost like he puts me in a trance.

"Are you?" I say dazed by his intoxicating smile.

"I don't know it's a surprise! You will never know either, unless you escape those dreadful stories created by horny guys and emotionally damaged teens," he says with a smirk.

"Okay! Fine! But I have to bring the papers along with, I have missed all to many days and it's bad enough that we are so behind on the syllabus!" I say with a smile. 

"You can grade them in the car, I will be a knocking at five," He winks at me before bending down to kiss me on the nose. I know he is late for class, but he never seems to care about class or not. I smile and shake my head before retreating to a bench.