Chapter 27

*1 and a half days later* 

The weekend was perfect. Harry's scent lingers in my room. We decided on my place after the zoo, which was also perfect. I have never been on such a date with anyone other than Charlie. My heart clenches as my thoughts turn to him. His dirty blonde hair flopping over his forehead, the way a cigarette hung from his lips, and how sick he looked in his bed. I close my eyes and tears threaten, it is so strange to want to cry. I roll over in my bed and smell the sheet where Harry slept last night. He reminds me so much of Charlie in so many weird ways. I hear Kristen moving something out in the living room and I decide against checking on it. My mind wanders back and forth from Charlie to Harry. What would have happened if Charlie lived? It would probably be his scent in my room instead of Harry's, would I want that? I don't know and even if I did, it would do me no justice. 

"Rosa! Your phone is out here! Harry says good night!" I hear Kristen shout.

"Don't look at my fucking phone!" I yell at her and snap up from the mattress a little too fast for my still impaired rib cage. I stomp out of my room and snatch my phone from her hands.

"Jeez sorry." She says looking down. 

"Yeah fuck your sorry's," I say and I need a good drink. Too much thinking drives me insane. I walk over to my boots and slide them on.

"Where are you going? It's dark!" She states the obvious.

"Yeah no shit. I'm going to get a drink." I say and slam the door behind me before she can say any more. 

Once outside the cool air hits my skin and goosebumps erupt. I shiver as the wind blows my hair off my face. I head left for the liquor store. I hold myself as I walk down the empty street. I stop and rustle my foot in my boot to check for Harry's folded essay, and some money that I slipped in there. 

When I push open the door to the store, a bell rings, welcoming me back. Susan, behind the counter smiles at me and I greet her with a simple hello. I head further to the back of the store for the hard liquor. I pick a cheap bottle of Southern Comfort, and the cheapest Vodka here. 

"You're back I see," Susan crackles when I put the bottles on the counter. I ignore her almost sarcastic comment and dig for the money while she scans the bottles.

"You don't need my ID right?" I ask putting down 40 bucks.

"I've seen you plenty in here dear, plus with all that smoking that you have been doing you look well over 21," She smirks.

"Fuck off," I snap and grab my change and liquor. 

I go outside and sit on the curb crossing my legs. Ignoring the cold air, I open the bottle of Vodka and begin sipping on it. A familiar burn slides down my throat and I realize that I have been too busy with Harry and too busy with hospitals to get drunk, it's only when I am alone and my thoughts take over is when I need it the most. 

"Hey! Rosa right?" I hear a guy call from my right. I look over to see a familiar face.

"Hi uh Kyle? Is it?" I say unsure, taking another swig from my bottle. 

"Yeah! What's going on?" He says taking a seat next to me. I raise my bottle and take another swig as my answer.

"Ah! I see. You coming to our next party?" He asks with clear high hopes.

"No. Why are you here?" I say closing up the bottle and placing it back int the black bag. 

"We just recovered from our last party and they sell the cheapest stuff here so I went out to stock up," He explains. "You cut your hair?" He sure remembers a lot about me considering the only time we met he was trashed and it was brief.