Chapter 19

Once my working day is over my mind really starts to wonder. I can't stop coming up with possibilities of where Harry could possibly be taking me tonight in a car. All I know is I have double the essays to grade and they make my bag at least ten pounds heavier. It takes more work being the teacher than the student! I am actually excited to sit and go through all the stories, in fact grading is one strange perk that I find fun. Once I am in the cab I am tempted to whip out the papers and begin grading right here, but the point is moot as I only have 15 minutes. 

Once I am in front of my building I light up a cigarette before heading inside. I lean against the brick and watch as people pass by. Runners, dog walkers, business men, and just plain people living their every day lives. It's peculiar how we are all so close physically, yet only few gain the effort to learn the name of thy neighbor. I grin and flick the butt on the ground, kick myself off the wall, and turn to head inside. 

I unlock the door and push it open. Kristen is sweeping and when she looks up at me she just smiles then returns to her task. I don't bother even saying hello, I just kick off my flats, and head straight for my room. It's only 2:18 now and I can probably get through a good chunk of the papers before Harry comes. I wiggle out of my skirt and slip into some plain black leggings. Once settled on my mattress, I separate and organize all the things that I need for this task. I have a rather large packet of the students that corresponds with the grading sheet that I must enter electronically tomorrow afternoon and the huge stack of papers. I quickly begin the task.

I plow through 17 of them grading them fairly. So far Harry was right, at least seven of them were about a woman that they can't help fantasizing about, and the rest about some emotional problem that they have overcome or still dealing with in an allegoric or metaphoric form. I smile at that. When I check the time it is 4:46 and I know Harry will be here soon. I place the finished papers by my nightstand and pack up the rest in my brown bag. I check myself in the mirror, redo my bun, and apply a little eyeliner to my waterline. I adjust my sweater and slip on my boots. I notice that he too is attached to a pair of boots and I think that is just fantastic, though I never pointed that out.

Just on time I hear a heavy knock on the door. I grab my bag and exit my room. Kristen is already up to answer the door.

"Wait," I tell her and she turns to look at me with a puzzled expression. I smile at her and she nods and moves down to sit back on the couch. 

"Whats the password?" I tease through the door. I can almost feel his lovely smile through the door.

"Raman Noodles," I hear his voice speak through the door. I smile and open the door with an excited expression.

"Correct!" I giggle a little harder than I meant too. 

"Ready to go? It's a lengthy drive," He says, his lips in a grim line.

"I was born ready baby," I point my fingers at him like they are guns and wink before turning to Kristen who is looking at me wide eyed with a dip shit smile. "What?" I snap at her.

"You," She smiles at me. "You are on drugs! Have fun!" She beams. I roll my eyes at her and push Harry out the door. 

Once outside I scan for cars along the street.

"Where's your car?" I ask confused.

"I can't park on the street here, come," He grabs my hand and leads me around the corner. He pulls out a single key and walks over to a very old, yet very well kept pale blue VW beetle.

"You drive a beetle!" I smile and I can't keep my lips down because this is too cute to be true.

"No I borrowed it from the garage I work at sometimes, and it is not just a beetle! This is a 1967 VW beetle,  it's not much but if anything happens to it my ass is grass and Paul get's to mow it." He smiles and walks over to the driver's side. Who the hell is Paul? I open the passenger side and the seat is just a white leather row and it is so cute. I slide in and shut the door.