Chapter 12

Once I step into the door it smells of cotton. I notice something different and full in the living room. I drop my bags and go on a hunt for my unsustainable cousin. There are white cotton curtains hanging neatly in everyone of my windows, there are covers for all of my lamps, and there is now a shelf that have most of my books and records stacked alphabetically on. What? How the hell did she do this all in one day?!

"Kristen?" I call out as I make my way towards her bathroom. I notice she swept, mopped, and dusted. I go into the kitchen and she has place mats set onto my old table that was once filled with important papers that I now find in a new filing cabinet right next to it. I go through all my cabinets and there are new plates and cups along with a shit load of food. My alcohol has been pushed back in the fridge and now a bunch of fruity drinks and fancy yogurts sit front row. There is a note on the fridge that is being held up by a piece of tape.

                                                           "Rosa went shopping! Be back in a bit! xo"

Didn't she do enough shopping today? I leave the kitchen and go into my room praying that she hasn't touched anything. When I open the door, everything looks the same, there aren't even any curtains in here. 

"Thank god!" I say to myself and kick off my shoes. I lay on my mattress and hug my pillow. I touch my now swollen lips, day dreaming about Harry's mouth on mine. Time passes and the room grows dimmer and dimmer, soon I hear the front door click and a bunch of shoes being kicked around.

"Rosie? Ya home?" I hear Kristen call. I stand up from my daze and head for the living room. When I emerge she has a pile of bags and boxes from some expensive, fancy stores.

"What did you do to this place?" I snap a little harder than I meant.

"What you don't like it? I just made it bearable to live in," She puts her hands on her hips.

"I didn't ask you to live here!" I shout. I roll my eyes at her and head from my record player. I pull out my Bobby Day record and start up Little Bitty Pretty One. 

"You sure do have a lot of music Rose, oh and hey! I bought you somethings!" She says rumaging through her bags. "I found a few things in this one store that almost looked vintage and I saw a few items that I knew you would like so I got them for you almost as a thanks for taking me under your, skinny, yet generous wing," She drones on as I tap my foot to the humming of the song. She joins me on the couch and hands me two big brown bags. I give her an unsure look and she presses me to open them. I carefully unravel the tissue paper to reveal a pair of high waisted blue jeans, a colorful shirt, and a pair of polka dotted leggings.

"This is really nice Kris, you didn't have to," I give her a weak smile and fold the clothes back up neatly into the bag. The Bobby Day record continues on as I go into my room to put them away.

"It really is nothing, you wanna see what I got?" She asks excitedly.

"Not really, but shoot," I say putting my feet up on the couch and lighting me a cigarette. She holds up a couple outfits and I just nod at them not really paying much attention. My mind wanders off to Harry. The way his dimples appear when he smiles his quirky smile.

"Rosa what is gotten into you?" Kristen snaps pulling me from my riviera. "You are acting giddy all of a sudden and all I've done was shown you my brand new Vera Wang romper and my new Chanel earrings!" she laughs and shoves a small black box back into another black box. "Now there are only two things that make a girl get like that and it's chocolate cake or a boy," She places her freshly manicured hands on her hips.