Chapter 29

First Kyle now Louis. What the fuck is going on?

Confusion stirs in the back of my mind as I sit in the back of the cab. My phone rings and I look to see Diana's name on my phone, I haven't spoken to her since I got out of the hospital, her name is so foreign on my screen.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, I wanted to call to let you know that Adam and I are coming in two weeks," she says calmly.

"Thought you were pissed at me, for whatever reason," I say picking at a loose string on my sweater.

"I was upset,"

"Why?" I question.

"Because Rosa! Nothing ever makes you cry, nothing ever makes you scared, or sad, or upset, nothing ever makes you smile and I mean blissfully smile! You got fucking attacked and you acted like you tripped over the sidewalk!" she is exasperated. I think about Harry and all the emotions he makes me feel.

"You are so numb to all these things, and it is just not normal, you've never loved another human being, and I mean truly love, not even yourself," she continues. Charlie also flashes through my mind.

"Well I'm happy you guys are coming," I say and hang up the phone because my newly discovered power to cry now threatens.

The cab stops on the curb, I toss the guy a twenty and leave the cab. I go inside and walk up the familiar stair case. I knock on the door, no answer. I remember that Harry is still in class. Right when I am about to turn to leave down the stairs, the door creaks open.

"Hey what are you doing here?" Harry chimes opening the door to let me in.

"I just need to see you," I say, dropping my bags.

"Okay?" he says with a hint of an attitude.

"What? I can't see you?" I say forcing back the attitude.

"No I didn't mean it like that!" He recovers, I move past him and go sit on his couch.

"What's wrong?" He says, joining me on the couch. I rack my brain for what I am gonna say.

"I know about Audry," I cringe at myself because out of everything, that's what I chose to say? When I look up at him, he is staring at me wide eyed, like he was just caught in the act.

"You look guilty," I smile at him.

"Listen Rosa, it was a while ago I-" he tries to explain himself but I hold up my hand to cut him off.

"It's okay! I really don't care, because if you heard of all of things I've done, you'd be disgusted," I admit and look into my lap.

"I could never be disgusted of you," he says with sincerity.

"I'm so confused," I throw my head back on the couch cushion.

"About what?"

"Life." I puff a loose strand of hair from my face. I look over at Harry and he is looking down at his knotted fingers in his lap.

"Come on." I say standing up.

"Where are we going?" he asks.

"You'll see, just come on!" I don't know where we are going but I can't sit around for one more minute.