1➳Dreams

Picture of Cleo Moon

D R E A M S

Running from the fog covering the park. Its mist blinded my eyes but I still ran because of the voice behind me.  I tripped on a bolder and falling flat onto my face. A pair of arms pulled me back up then dragging me through the fog.

Are you okay?

I nodded speechless. My eyes adjusted slowly but it's still unclear to see my hero.

Run now. Go.

I ran down the forest and into a cave. The mist flied past the cave, not a peep entering the cave. I breathed heavily but the mist must still be in my lungs.

Suddenly arms wrapped around me and a pair of golden or violet or grey eyes burned through me but the mist blocked my breathing so I fell onto the ground, hearing the words:

Wait for me. Before blacking out.

I woke up with a start, my head burning as always but it wasn't as much as last time. This dream was more vivid and clearer but the figure stayed blurry. However it was the first time I saw those eyes. A perfect shade of violet with hints of gold and grey. I got out of bed and quickly got changed for school.

I wore a white tulip skirt, cream crop top and a baby blue low wedge heel. My brown hair was split so that each half fell on each shoulders. My makeup was subtle and not heavy like most girls. It was quite hot seeing as it was September and a new term was beginning.

I walked down stairs to see Mom cooking up some of her famous pancakes. Everyone always comes to Mom for food since Mom is an amazing cook. We lived in a small town in Florida. You'd never find it on a map because most people even forget it's there. I took a seat around the smooth marble table as Mom laid a pancake onto a plate. I ate the food carefully as I tried not to ruin my outfit, my hand scrolling down Twitter. A flash of violet hits me and I dropped fork, making Mom turn around with a start. I smile assuringly and she turned back to the dishes, missing the frown on my face as I carry on eating, more carefully this time.

"Have fun today. Don't mess this up again." Mom warned, sternly. I moved to five different high schools since we came to Florida and every single one I would mess up. Mess up as in, trouble would find me even when I don't allow it around me. I had tried everything yet there's always something that pulled me into get expelled. My reputation was well known but thankfully the news hadn't gotten to my college, with only the Headmistress knowing, and so my Mom immediately signed me up there. She made me stay clear from the bad and focus on my studies, seeing that my high school experience wasn't any good. My things were already at my dorm, boxed and stacked away, Mom told me yesterday.

"I won't." I mumbled but Mom shot me a glare so I shrugged. "I'll try."

"As long as you try." I stood up and pushed the plate towards Mom before walking out the front door.

"Bye. And visit soon." Mom shouted and with that I was gone.

The drive there was not long because soon a huge building appears through the palm trees. I drove into the car park and parked at the front. Everyone stared at me when I got out the car and walked to the college, clicking my car keys to lock the car. They maybe stared at me because my car was a white BMW convertible while all the other kids had Jeeps and Rovers, again a basic car that many had in Florida.

The sun reflected off my light skin as my green eyes gazed over the school once I entered the building. The walls was a baby blue colour with lockers leaning against it. I walked through the halls as people moved to the side to let me walk by, watching me in awe to which I rolled my eyes at. I knocked on an ebony door and pushed it open slowly before entering, a gleaming clean room covered my sight and I raised my eyes in amusement.

"Welcome." The headmistress said as I smiled and took a seat next to the desk. "You must be Cleopatra Moon."

"Yes but I like to be called Cleo." I said, gazing around the room with a thoughtful smile.

"Right, of course. So tell me the story behind your name." the headmistress said leaning back against her chair, her smile not fading even when I narrow my eyes on her for a split second before returning a smile back again.

"My father was obsessed with history and he liked the story of Cleopatra and at the time I was born, he was in Egypt searching the tombs of Cleopatra." I explained, shrugging as if it was no big of a deal.

"Wonderful. I'm Mrs Bell. You can come to me whenever you want. You've been to five schools over the last 2 years because of violent behaviour,I don't expect it here please." I nodded. "I also was told that you wish to not have any of this told to your teachers so I'll carry out that wish. But please do not be violent."

I nodded in understanding even though everything they're saying are utter bullshit. It wasn't violent behaviour, I was born with beautiful emerald green eyes and had this weird thing about me. Some weird 'powers'.

Mrs Bell pulled out a key and passed it to me "You things was taken over to you dorm over the weekend. Your number is-" Mrs Bell quickly looked through her book. "Number 116, top floor. That's down the right of the campus."

"Thank you." I stood up and walked out the room.

I walked outside to my dorm, everyone gazing at me like a shiny new toy. On my way something caught my eye so I turned to that direction and saw a tall, muscular boy looking my way and his friends looking at me too. I ignored them and carried on walking to my dorm even though they gave me a bad feeling, a feeling of worry and regret.

••••
Edited

Changed her surname

LMB