Thanksgiving

I knocked on the door, scared to see the person on the other side.

The door creaked and a wave of florescent light hits me. He stood there, smiling at me, wearing a clean black suit.

"Darling." He finally said. I fell into his arms and felt a wave of emotions hit me.

"Daddy." I breathed.

When we finally pulled away, he led me inside with his arm around my shoulder. I pulled my luggage with me into the house.

"So how's school?" he asked.

"Great. I have these amazing friends."

"Really? Your mum said some are coming around ours for Thanksgiving."

I nodded. "You don't mind do you?"

"No. As long as I get to steal you for some time." He looked into my eyes. "Oh dear I missed those eyes. Have they grown even greener? It's almost emerald." Dad's brows narrowed.

"Growing dad." I said and he laughed heartily.

"I know Jadie." Since I've been born Dad has always called me Jadie because of my eyes. I smiled at the memory and curled into his chest. "Now go say hi to your Mum. I'll take your bag upstairs." He took my luggage upstairs as I walked into the kitchen.

"Mum." I whispered. She looked up from her cooking and wiped her hand before pulling me into a hug.

"Baby. How are you?" Mum gave me a kiss on the forehead before we took a seat around the table.

"Great Mum."

"That's good. I hear some friends are staying around ours."

"You don't mind?" I asked.

"Of course not."

"It just they have no one to go to so I felt bad. We're also doing a English project."

"Its fine as long a Lola doesn't mind." Mum said.

"When she coming?"

Mum looked up at the clock "Should be here now." And on cue the bell rang.

I opened the door to see my best friend in a beautiful purple halter dress. "Lol." I squealed and hugged her.

We brought the bags into the guest room and sat down on the bed.

"So how are you?" she asked.

"Great. You?"

"I have met this amazing guy Cleo in Arabia." Lola said "His brown eyes made me smile every time."

"I got to meet him."

"You will. So what about you?"

"Well I have friends now and a boyfriend."

"Who?" she asked, widening her eyes.

"His name is Zack and, Lola, he is amazing." I sighed. "They're coming to stay with us."

"You obviously love him."

"I do."

"He's a special guy." I nodded "Let's get changed."

I narrowed my eyes as she pulled me to my room and closed the door. I changed into a beautiful strapless, blue and white floral, wrap dress, which fit perfectly around my body, with a pair of blue platforms.

Lola neatly curled my hair into loose curls and parted them onto each shoulders. I put on a chain that says my name in royal blue and emerald around my neck, it was something I have gotten ages ago but I don't know where it's from, and I heard the bell.

•*¨*•.*.•*¨*•

Mum opened the door while Lola did my make-up. "Ready." She whispered.

She looked beautiful too. Her short, purple, halter dress puffed out when it ended at her knees showing her tanned legs.

She looked better compared to me. "Let's go." Lola nudged me and we walked downstairs. She entered the living room first then me. Taz ran up to me in a dark red sweetheart strapless.

"Hey." She hugged me before pulling me away and gazing at my dress "Wow."

"You too." I said with a smile "This is Lola." Taz let go and walked up to Lola.

"I love you dress." She said.

"You too." Lola replied.

"I found a new friend." Taz joked "Lola this is Reese, Safi, Roman, Nick, Jacob and Zack."

My gaze lingered on Zack longer than anyone else, he did the same with a grin.

I blushed and took a seat next to Reese.

"Hey guys." I said. "How you doing?"

"Well Nicky here had a breakdown." Roman said.

"Why?"

"Funny story." Jacob started "He saw Miss Rosie with another dude."

"I'm not upset about that." Nick said, throwing his hands about.

"Liar." Safi coughed and everyone laughed. Mum walked into the room in a beautiful navy dress.

"Dinner." She said before turning around, exposing her back all the way down, and leaving the room.

"I think I found another lady." Nick said, whistling.

"That lady is my Mum." I said. Everyone laughing.