Smoke

Picture of Ash
Silvia grabbed my face into her frail hand and shook her head franticly. "It shouldn't happen now. It's too early."

"What's too early?" I asked.

"Your eyes darling. It should happen in a few months unless..." she trailed off and searched her ancient books. "Look everyone, there might be a way to stop this."

Everyone searched except me. I stood back and watched them find a way to break this curse and soon I didn't want to watch anymore.

I crept out the door and walked away from the hut. I came to the part of the river next to the waterfall.

Around the waterfall was a beautiful flower, Middlemist Red in fact. Only the rarest flower in the entire world but it was here.

The flower laid on the right side on the river, the side I was standing on. I walked up to the Middlemist Red and touched its delicate petal.

"Beautiful creation." I turned around and saw a handsome stranger.

His eyes were so blue they look the ocean just sank right inside him but it had hints of green inside. His jet black hair was like the night sky and his pale skin shone in the sun.

"It is a beautiful object." I replied "I'm sorry do I know you?"

"Excuse my manners." He said and bowed "Ash Grey." He looked up and grinned at me.

I blushed.

"Cleo-" I started to say but he interrupted me.

"Cleopatra Gold. Who could not know your name?" Ash grinned at me and walked closer, "You are the most powerful Caster ever known."

"Dark more like." I said and he chuckled.

"Dark or Light, it doesn't matter. What matters is who you are?" His pale fingers touched my cheek.

"I haven't even figure that out yet." I pushed his fingers away from me and took a step backwards.

"I can help you." He said, biting his thumbnail.

"How?" But he didn't get to tell me because he flew off the ground and hit his head on the tree trunk.

"Stay away from her." Zack hissed. He walked to me, "Are you okay?"

"Perfect. What you doing here?"

"I wanted to see what you were doing." He narrowed his eyes.

Ash stood up rubbing his head while everyone else came.

"What happened?" Safi asked

"Nothing I was just talking to Miss Gold here." Ash said

"Who are you?" Jacob asked

"Ash Grey." I said. He looked at me and smiled, "We were talking."

"About?" Taz asked

"About her of course." Ash said

"Dude, are your eyes for real?" Roman asked with his eyes widen.

Ash grinned, "Yes Mr Roman."

"How do you know my name?"

"I know all of you. Isn't it Zack?"

Zack just gave him a death stare and looked away.

"Well I came here to do a job." Ash said and turned to me. "Would you like to come? Someone who loves you dearly is waiting for you."

"Who?" I asked.

He gave me a wicked grin.

"Your mother."