No Happy Endings

We opened the throne door but Dad stood there nervously. I smiled and he did the same back.

"Briar." She did a double-take then stood up, brushing herself down.

At the same time everyone came in the room and Zack hugged me but I didn't pay attention. It was silent as I pulled out from Zack and Dad and I walked to Briar.

"Jason." Her voice was quiet as she stepped off the steps. He walked up to her until they were face to face.

"I missed you dearly." Dad said.

"Me too. I thought you died." Briar voice stuttered.

"So did her." Dad pointed me and pulled me into his arms.

"Hi Guys." Coal said walking into the room. He stopped short and looked up.

"Dad!" Coal said and rushed up to him. I walked back to my friends.

"Daddy, I want you to meet Nick, Roman, Jacob, Safi, Reese, Taz and Zack." I said as I hugged him.

Dad walked up to us and smiled. "She told me lots of things about the Angels." His gaze set on Zack. "Zack, she said good things."

"I hope so Sir." Zack said with a smile.

"We have good News." Taz said and Ash entered.

"Hello Jason." He said causally before taking a seat on his throne.

"Hello Ash." Dad said.

I shook my head before asking, "What?" to Taz.

"There is a way to break the curse. A loophole." She said

"Us." I pointed to Zack and me.

"How did you know?" Zack asked but I pointed a Dad.

He smiled proudly at Zack, "Don't worry you can show your gratitude by telling me I'm a genius."

I grinned at him while everyone else chuckled.

"I want the truth." Zack said abruptly, holding my gaze.

"The truth?" I question.

"She can't say yet." Dad helped me so I gave Zack a helpless look.

"What does that mean?" Zack asked.

"Her cursed side won't allow it. It will take time for the truth." Dad said.

"It's true." Briar agreed.

Zack sighed, "I do love you." I said and he smiled.

"That's all I want then." He said and hugged me with a strong sensation filling my-

My heart heated fast as I turned the pages of The Book of Names.

I had to know my name. He doesn't know where I am but I guarantee he'll find me.

"What are you doing?" He hissed from behind.

"Finding the truth." I said, not surprised that he was able to find me.

"It can affect you future."

"I always end up dying." I shrugged.

"Don't do this." He snapped.

"I already found it." I turned the page to my name but he grabbed my hand a pulled me away.

He might be strong but I was smarter. I kissed him and his grip went loose.

Then I ran back to the book glancing at my name. A cold hand was on my shoulder and spun me around. I knew my name before I die...

•*¨*•..•*¨*•

"Cleo!" Zack shook me out my trance. I looked at my family. The one I had grown into and the one I had found.

They were all here and was looking for one thing and that was the curse.

Everyone had one person in mind.

Me.

I could sense it now that I know my name.

I could sense their essence and fear of me.

"Cleo?" Zack whispered

"Not Cleo." I uttered and stared right into his eyes, the royal blue of my eyes grew deeper as his purple eyes grew darker.

I gave a dark grin to Zack.

"It's Annex." And the doors slammed shut.

To be continued...

So how was that for an ending?

I'm considering on writing a squeal but for now its only one book.

Thank you all for reading this book, I'm really grateful.

XOX