(4)

I wake up with an instant urge to hurt myself. I had Peeta in my hands but he flew away. How could I be so stupid as to let that happen? Is there a way for me to punish myself? Then I think of it.

There are many trees in the woods, obviously, it would be perfect. I then rush into the attic and grab an old rope. I then run downstairs and out the door, not even bothering to close it.

I run into the woods and find a perfect tree. It has steardy branches and is tall. I need tall. I then tie the old rope around the perfectly shaped branch and create a hole at the bottom.

Right before I end my life, I sing...

"Are you, are you, coming to the tree? Ware a necklace of hope, side by side with me. Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight in the hanging tree."

I then stand on my tipy toes and put the rope onto my neck. I then whisper to myself....

"I'll see you soon Prim"

Then right before I let go, someone crashes into me. I fall to the ground.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" The person yells in my face. I then make out the person. Its Peeta. What is he doing here?

"Well? What the hell are doing?!" Peeta yells once again.

"I want to die!" I scream and then I start to cry.

"Shhh" Peeta saying, trying to calm me "your safe"

"No Peeta" I cry " I'm not safe and never will be. Why won't you let me die?"

"Because you were brought in this world for a reason. Your going to be taken out of it when the time comes" Peeta says

"No! The time is now. The time is now" I cry and cry.

"The time is far from now. You need to live the life you were given" Peeta says, reassuring me

I then sob into Peeta's neck. His body is warm on my cold, sad eyes. I then looks at me and says

"Your going to keep fighting. Real or not real?

"Um" I hesitate "real. Real Peeta"

THE NEXT DAY....

I wake up with screams in my head. But also, with Peeta right beside me.

"I thought you went home?" I ask Peeta

"No. I'm not going any where" He says

"Peeta?" I ask

"Yes?" He replys

"Will you stay with me?" I ask remembering the nights on the train durning the victory tour.

"Always" Peeta tells me

Always

"Now go to sleep and dream your most happiest memories" Peeta says

"That is impossible" I say, already giving up

"Why is that?" Peeta asks

"I don't have happy memories" I say, almost crying

"Is there a way to help you fall asleep?" Peeta asks, hoping there is. At first I don't say anything. Then I get the idea of a story.

"Tell me a story" I say, fixing myself into Peeta's warm arms.

"Ok" Peeta says. He then starts " it was a really rainy day in district 12. It was one of those days where people had absolutely no food. I was baking and accidentally brunt the bread. My mother found out and started yelling at me and telling me to throw the bread to the pigs. I then saw you by an old tree, looking hungry and depressed. I then throw the bread at you. That's when I realize, there might be something" Peeta concludes

"What might there be?" I ask, hanging onto his every word

"Hope" Peeta says.

I then remember the time when I was seventeen. I was gathering snow for Gale, after he got whipped. Prim then walks outside and we talk. She then says "ever since the games, I can see something." I then ask "what can you see?" And she replys with "hope"

"Hope?" I ask Peeta

"Yes. Hope" Peeta assures

"prim" I whisper to myself

"Prim?" Peeta asks, confused

"I was talking with Prim one day and she replied with 'hope' just like you did" I say, with tears almost falling down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry. Please just...fall back asleep. You need rest" Peeta tells me

I don't argue. I look up at Peeta and for the first time in two years, he kisses my forehead. Its not on the lips, as it was before, but we're just taking baby steps. And I'm okay with that.

"Goodnight Katniss" Peeta says

"Goodnight Peeta" I say back then, I slowly close my eyes.

That night, I drem about Peeta and I in the meadow. We're happy and nothing has felt better. But then hovercrafts appear out of nowhere. It drops parachutes. Inside the parachutes are bombs then I scream awake.

"Prim!" I scream

"Shh, Katniss. Prim is in a safer place now" Peeta reassures me

I then cry "Peeta?"

"Yes Katniss?" He asks me

"What do you think Finnick and Prim and Cinna and everyone else who we lost, are doing right now?" I ask, hoping I can fall back asleep

"Well umm..." Peeta begins " I think they are watching after you. I think they are protecting you from any danger that is to come your way"

"Are you sure about that?" I ask

"Yes Katniss. I'm sure" Peeta says confidentiality. Just then, I fall back asleep. I fall asleep okay, knowing that Finnick, Prim, mother, father, Cinna, Mags, Rue, ands anyone else I've loved is looking out for me. Is protecting me.

One thing though that roams my head every day and night is will I ever be the same 'girl on fire?' Will I ever be the same 'star-crossed lover from District 12?' Or the same 'Miss. Everdeen?' I dont know. I also dont know why Im thinking of this right now. And I don't think I will ever know anymore. These past two years have been a complete werck for me. I thought ,at first, that if Peeta came along, everything would be ruined. But now that he is here, I've broken down. But I've also risen. And I'm going to keep rising. I shall not fall down. At least not yet. Right?

AURTHORS NOTE: YAYAYAYA!!!!!! Another chapter finished!! Thanks for reading and please remember to vote and share!!!! THANK YOU!