Chapter 5

Gorilla

I sat on the bar stool, the same one that night I saw Lex on. I've sat here in this same spot each night for a week and yet, no sign of her. The guys keep telling me to just give up, but I can't. I want to see her again. I have to see her again. I shifted in my seat and turned around to look at the dance floor. I saw Ryan there dancing with a girl. When did he get here? I stood up and made my way towards him. He looked from the girl towards me. He smiled. "Hey! What's up man!" We did a hand shake, our way of welcoming each other.

"Ay! What's up!" The girl he was dancing with looked at me, recognising who I was. I politely smiled at her. "Oh. This is Amanda by the way" he introduced her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you" I picked up and kissed the top of her hand. "I'm Bruno Mars. You may know me from being so awesome" i winked at her and she laughed and looked away, blushing. I smiled and looked back towards Ryan. "Are any of the other guys here?"

"Nah. Just me" he shrugged and looked around incase he was wrong.

"Came here to check up on me? I don't need no babysitter, I'm past that stage" he laughed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I know you are. You just keep coming here. You have all week and I wanted to know what's so good about it that you keep coming back..."

Amanda moved more towards me and got a firm grip onto my hand. "Dance with us" she batted her eyelashes at me and slightly twisted from side to side.

"I'm good. My drink is waiting for me back there." I pointed my thumb to behind me. Back to where I was sitting before I came over here.

"Aww. Too bad" she pouted her bottom lip at me, hoping that I would change my mind. I smiled at her before looking back to Ryan again.

"See you later man." I nodded my head at him before turning back towards my seat. I sat down and ordered a new drink.

A few hours later I looked at my watch. 3:56. Great. I'm supposed to go to the studio tomorrow. By the time I get home, get some sleep then wake up. I'll still have alcohol in my system. So that means I'm not meant to drive. But who cares. I'll still drive, fuck the law. "You drinking alone?" I looked towards the voice and saw Amanda. I looked behind me for Ryan but didn't see him. "He's gone home. He has been gone for a while now"

"Why aren't you dancing? You are pretty good at it" I took a big gulp of my drink before setting it down and twirling it around in my fingers.

She smiled at me and opened her mouth as if in shock "you were watching me?"

"Like you said. I'm drinking here alone. I have nothing else better to do" I laughed at her reaction. "Are you still up for that dance?" I smiled at her as she looked at me.

"Only if you can keep up with me." I laughed at her.

"You have no idea. I got the moves." I stood up from my seat and did some moved in beat with the music. "C'mon girl." I walked towards the middle of the dance floor.

"Wow. You do!" She tried to keep up and I could tell she was started to get tired so I slowed down. A slow song came on and I pulled her close to me. She looked at me. "Please tell me you're not dating Ryan. Cause you know. Guy code"

"No. I'm not" she smiled bigger.

"Good. Cause now i can do this." I kissed her full on the lips. In all honesty, I just wanted to try to forget about Lex. I can't get her out of my mind. Don't get me wrong Amanda is a great girl but I just don't feel anything with her. I pulled away and smiled. Maybe if I do play along it will take my mind off from her. Well I don't have anything to lose. It's worth a shot...