Chapter 11

A.N. ~Hey guys sorry for the wait. I had a TON of stuff for school and it was a pain in butt. I really hope you like this chapter it is almost 1,000 words long but not quite. We are reaching the part in the book where people will start to hate me. FUN! Anyways enjoy the chapter! See Ya soon!

After you've been driving for a little over two hours and it was pitch black. With the darkness surrounding you, you began to slow down as you started driving into an old warehouse. You weren't really thinking just going with the obstacles in the warehouse. You sped up as you saw a gap about 5 feet apart approaching. You got on the ramp and cleared the jump, but just barley. It started to rain again, but you couldn't care less. It calmed you down some. You were starting to shiver, but it didn't stop you from driving faster, even with the rain. In the distance you heard splashing, fast  splashing and static. You carefully, and quickly, maneuvered your way down to the ground floor of the warehouse you were driving in. You exited it and kept going. Now that you were out from what little cover the old warehouse was giving you, you now noticed how badly it really was raining. You looked behind you and could faintly see the speedster coming towards you. You knew that in a few seconds he would be here. You weren't paying attention and hydroplaned on a puddle, causing you to be thrown off the motorcycle. You rolled on the ground, your hands instinctively going to your head. You rolled on the ground for at least five seconds. When you came to a stop you were facing upwards looking at the dark sky. You didn't feel that hurt except for your wrist. You looked to your right and saw Barry quickly coming to a stop causing him to splash you. He quickly knelt down beside you.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice full of concern. You stayed silent for a minute as you stared at him.

"......I think so." You say, still staring at him. He sighs, his head falls down and he runs his hands through his hair. He was in the Flash suit, but the head cover was down. You force your head to look back up at the beautiful night sky. A small smile appearing on your lips.

"Why did you just drive away like that?" He asked, his voice slightly hoarse. You looked back at him, his head was back up and was looking at you again. You tried to sit up, you could, but you were sore and accidentally groaned in pain. He quickly noticed this and immediately helped you, so it wouldn't hurt as much. You sighed, then lightly laughed.

"I was stressed. You said 'Let's hope you keep them under control' and that... just... I don't know. I've never been the best at controlling my emotions so when you said that it just... hurt more, and I was scared that I could hurt Oliver, Cisco, Caitlin... or you." You say looking back up at him. When he looked at you it caused you to immediately look away. "I've hurt so many people and I have done... a lot of crap that I knew was wrong because I either had the power, or needed something. I just don't want to hurt you they way I hurt them." You say finally, still not looking at him.

"{Y/N}, you won't hurt me, or Oliver, Caitlin, or Cisco."

"But you don't know that!" You argued. Your voice raising slightly. You looked up at him just as tears started to form in your eyes.

"Yes I do. I won't let you. You won't hurt me, or Oliver, Caitlin, or Cisco. Most importantly, I won't let you hurt yourself." You believed him and the tears disappeared. For once in your life you felt safe. Not the kind of safe that Oliver provides, thats more of a brotherly safe. This is different.

Love?

You wanted to laugh at the thought. Then you remembered one of your favorite quotes by John Green, "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once." In that moment you knew that you did in fact love him. You didn't even know each other for that long, so how?

Destiny?

Is there even such a thing? No one will ever know.

You snapped out of your deep thoughts as lightning struck way to close for comfort, which reminded you it was raining ,and it made you jump a little. Barry just proceeded to laugh at your actions. He stood up, helping you up too.

"Thanks."You said.

"No problem."

"No. Really." He looked at you confused. "With out you I wouldn't know that I had these powers, I wouldn't have met you, and I probably would've crashed the bike in a ditch." You said staring at him. The silence between you two was almost unbearable. It wasn't awkward just dense. You looked down noticing that he was holding your wrists. You blushed slightly, then immediately became grateful that it was dark or it would've been more noticeable. You looked back up at him and the dense silence continued, but only for a few seconds. You were about to say something when his lips suddenly hit yours. Not forcefully, but they were definitely there. You closed your eyes and kissed back. His hands let go of your wrists and went to your waist, while yours went behind his neck. The kiss was soft, sweet, and sadly... short. As soon as it happened it seemed to have ended just as quickly. You both pulled away.

"Well that was a little cliché for my taste." You said, only to receive a confused look. "Both of us, dramatically standing in the rain." You stated smiling.

"Well last time I checked clichés never hurt anyone." He replied smiling at you. You both just looked at each other. Your arms still around his neck and his hands still on your waist. You wanted this moment to last forever.