Part 11: Awake

Carter POV

So three months later and nothing has changed, Tori is still lying there in a coma. This is really breaking my heart and I don't know what I'm doing. Since the accident I haven't spent much time with my kids. I was sat next to the bed waiting for some sort of sign of Tori waking up. I've been here the whole 4 months she's been here and I cant go any more days without her with me. I was stroking her hand and I felt a little squeeze, I looked down and noticed Tori's hand was wrapped around mine, I looked at her face and her eye lids were fluttering. I quickly got up and called for the nurse, she came in and started looking over Tori, I whisper "Please Tori wake up,"

I looked up and Tori was opening her eyes, I smiled at her and the nurse helped her sit up. Tori looked at me and she said "Where am I?"

"OMG! your awake, I've been waiting for this for months," I replied

"What happened?" Tori asks

"You was in a car crash, we got into an argument and then a car hit you, I'm so glad you are awake" I smiled

Tori looked at me and it looked like she didn't know who I am, I stared at her and she said the one thing that broke my heart, she said "Who are you?"

My whole world came crashing down, she cant remember me and does that mean she wont remember her children. I walked out the room and I phone mum and told her to get the children here. I walked back into the room and I said "I'm Carter, I'm your husband and we have 2 beautiful children together..."

Before I could finish Tori said "Hope and Theo,"

"You remember," I ask shocked

"I remember them but I really don't remember you," Tori replied

About 20 minutes later mum walked into the room with the children, I explained what's going on and she wrapped me into a hug and sat down with Tori. I walked outside the room and Leon was stood there, I say "She doesn't remember me, she only remembers certain people and the kids, what am I going to do?"

"Hold in there, it might be just temporary, talk to the doctor and see what he says," Leon replies

And that's what I did, I went to look for the doctor to find out what I needed to know.

Tori POV

"Hi Hannah," I say

"You remember me," Hannah smiles

"Of course I do, I remember you all, including Carter," I sigh

Hannah looked at me like I did something wrong, she sat on the bed and Leon walked in and got the kids and took them to get a drink and something to eat. Hannah held my hand and she said "Why did you tell Carter you cant remember him, its breaking his heart?"

"I remember the argument we had and everything, I just feel like he doesn't love me any more and he's better off without me," I sigh

Hannah sat closer and she said "Y'know he hasn't left your side, day by day this has been killing him, he hasn't been home, he's stayed with you the whole time waiting for you to wake up. If he didn't love you he wouldn't of been here, he would of been at work and got himself a new girlfriend but he hasn't he's been here with you,"

Hannah pats my shoulder and said "Just talk to him,"

She walked out the room and Carter walked into the room. He sat on the bed and he said "You really don't remember me,"

"Carter I do remember you, I lied, because I remember our argument and it made me feel like you don't love me and you want something better than me, that's why I lied about not remembering you because you do deserve someone better than me," I say

"Baby I love you so much, you are my everything. If I didn't love you I wouldn't of stayed here the whole 4 months waiting for you to wake up," Carter replied "You are my everything and being with you makes me happy, I don't want to be any where else apart from with you,"

Carter came towards me and we shared a kiss, I pulled back and looked at him. Maybe he is telling me the truth. I smiled slightly and then the door opened and in walked all the brothers and Tom. I smiled at them and they all gave me a hug. Leon gave me a hug and he passed me a present. I looked at him and he said "Open it,"

I opened it and it was a necklace with my name on it and it had a picture of me, Carter, Hope, Theo on one frame and the other frame was of me and the boys. A tear escaped my eye and he said "We love you Tori, please don't scare us again,"

I gave him a hug and then everyone joined in. I smiled at them all and then Carter passed me Hope and Theo and I was sat playing with them for a bit. I really hope things will change and no one will be back in the hospital.

Thank you for reading. Love you all!!