Never going back

That night I was claimed at the camp fire sing-along. The only camper I had actually met was Annabeth since after talking to her, I had decided to have some me-time. When I was claimed, Annabeth looked proud of herself for figuring it out earlier. I tried to look as surprised as I could since it wasn't really much of a surprise anymore. Everyone else just clapped politely but a new daughter of Apollo wasn't that big of a deal. The part I was excited for was when Percy showed up. It could be tomorrow and it probably should be considering today was the last day of school. Then it hit me. What if he was already here and was just in the Infirmary!? That would be so cool if I arrived the same day as Percy Jackson! Like, the Percy Jackson. That night I slept in peace, thinking about life as a demigod and my now new home. You may be thinking that I would probably go back home during the year but there was absolutely no way that I would go back there to my old life.

I woke up and it seemed early because I looked around and all of my new siblings were still asleep. I sat up straight and for the first time examined the Apollo cabin. The first thing I noticed was the hilarious poem on the wall.

Apollo our father
God of Music
Not water
God of healing
Not stealing
God of the sun
Makes it a sports car for fun
God of light
Not sight
God of Reason
Not Seasons
God of truth
Not Ruth
God of prophecy
Not democracy
Our father
Apollo

I couldn't help but silently giggle at how stupid it was. I wonder who would have the mind to write that and hang it up. Then I wondered how weird these people may be if they actually let this person hang it up and let it stay there. I really hoped that the kids of Apollo weren't as dumb and the God Apollo. I know that's an insult but in the Percy Jackson books Apollo seemed really dumb. In fact, all of the Gods did except for Athena since she was the Goddess of wisdom. Then I looked at who it was signed by.

Poem written by Kayla, daughter of Apollo

I wondered which girl in here was Kayla. Eh, she probably isn't anyone that important since she was only featured in one sentence in the final Percy Jackson book of the first series, The Last Olympian. The next thing I noticed about the cabin was that it seemed to be playing music. Was it always doing that? I guess I just hadn't noticed. But what if a song came on that you didn't like? Then I realized that it must of been enchanted to play whatever you want to hear. I was about to examine more when I noticed the others starting to wake. Maybe this was their normal time or something. To me, it seemed kind of magical that a bunch of them would start stirring at the same time but maybe that was normal here. I decided to go outside and get some fresh morning air before all of the campers so I quickly got dressed and went outside and simply just sat on the golden steps of our cabin. It was summer so the weather was nice so I had decided to dress in the camp half-blood t-shirt that I was given yesterday and black and white striped guess shorts. Then I heard the door open behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see who this person was.

"Hey, you're Mousiki, the new girl." He said casually.

"And you are?" I asked him.

"Will Solace, son of Apollo." He replied.

"That's nice." I said with more sass then I had implied. "Er, sorry."

"That's fine. Today Chiron had given me the job of showing you around camp and how we do things here." He informed me.

"So I'm gonna get a tour? Of camp Half-blood?" I asked amazed.