Twinning

Eliza Frost

I walked beside Ana through the cool breeze of a winter in London. We were heading to someone's house. I wasn't sure who's, for I had dozed out when Ana was explaining everything to me, but I was pretty sure this person was part of the 'order'. Madison and Mousiki were apparently going with the Weasleys, for they needed to be back at camp as soon as possible, where as Ana and I were welcome to take our time. I believed that Chiron was going to send them to retrieve a powerful half-blood with Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia. Even though a bunch of demigods in one place would attract more monsters, apparently Madison and Mousiki had 'special abilities' that would help. I decided not to question any of it, but it was certainly suspicious.

"C'mon Eliza, they said they'd be waiting for us down that street." Ana said, pulling my arm to the right.

"So just one more street?" I asked.

We had been walking for a while now. I wasn't sure what these people were playing at, but why did we have to walk such a long way, and Madison and Mousiki got a ride from the Weasleys? Nothing really made sense at this point, and all I really wanted was some information as to not feel this clueless, but Ana refused to say anything. The only thing that she had said was 'it's dangerous' which could mean a whole lot.

"No." Ana replied. "We go down that street, then through the street to the left, then we go through a park that should be over there, then we make another right into a parking lot, and it should be obvious from there."

"How have you memorized all of that?"

Ana shrugged. "I have a good memory, alright?"

I sighed. "So...how far away is that park?"

"Relax, we probably only have one more mile of walking." said Ana.

I groaned. "A mile?"

"Are you a half-blood or not?" Ana smirked.

"Okay, yeah yeah, I'm coming." I said.

We continued to walk through the streets of London, trying not to look super suspicious with our trunks. We tried to have regular conversations that muggles would have. I began to rant about how annoying an imaginary bully that I'd created was (her name was Tiffany) as Ana continued to roll her eyes at me, and said random things such as 'I hope mum made lasagna'. We make the best muggles. After about an hour or so, we reached the park, and ran through it as quickly as we could through the snow. I was losing feeling in my fingers, and wanted more than anything to be surrounded by the warmth of camp.

"We're in the parking lot." Ana said, as we stood on a hill of snow.

"You sure this is a parking lot?" I asked, unsure.

"Well, that's what the map says." Ana replied.

"And the map is correct." said a voice.

I turned to see a man who's face was covered by a hat and scarf. The only features you could see were his eyes, one of which was really creeping me out. He had one normal, small, dark eye, and the other eye was huge and blue. He saw me looking at his huge eye.

"It's magical." he grumbled.

I then looked down to see that one of his legs was a wooden peg. I turned to Ana, who instead of looking amazed like myself, was looking at me, trying not to burst out laughing. She then turned to the man.

"Moody, where do we go from here?" she asked.

"Just keep quiet and follow me." he replied.