Even more Alone

I didn't know where I was. The castle was so huge so when I broke down, I naturally just ran in a random direction. I was a bit worried of being caught by a teacher but that wasn't really the problem. Thoughts of not belonging just kept coming. Thoughts of being alone. I knew that I wouldn't make friends with any of these Hufflepuffs. I get that they're supposed to be all nice and loyal but Hufflepuffs were never featured. This house wouldn't allow me to prove myself. Sure, Cedric Diggory plays a big part but that's only because he was chosen for the Triwizard tournament. I wondered where all of my stuff was at the moment. I didn't know where I was and I didn't even know where the Hufflepuff common room was. Did I want to be in Hufflepuff? Why did the hat say that I belonged there? Deep down in my mind, I knew that being in Gryffindor was just a silly dream but I always hoped. Now I knew for sure. I was a good for nothing Hufflepuff. In the background. No friends, no action, nothing. I would gain nothing. I wouldn't give anything. I couldn't do anything. Do nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. I had sat down on one of the staircases because running while crying is too much work. I didn't want to stay here, feeling so exposed. Would I want someone to find me? Do I? The staircase that I was sitting on began to move which startled me. I was on the bottom step and my legs were now dangling. The stairs then suddenly jerked to the right and I slipped. I grabbed on to the bottom of one of the railing pegs. I was now holding onto that for dear life. If I let go then the drop would be... Oh dear. I looked down and I had apparently run off to the 6th floor. I wasn't really in the mood to jump 6 stories. Was that enough for me to die? Hopefully not. I mean, we're wizards right? Madam Pomfrey would be able to heal me if I let go right? As the stairs connected with another moving staircase, they jerked into place and I lost my grip. I was now falling and I just closed my eyes for I knew that when I hit the ground, it would be painful. Then I heard running footsteps.

"Levioso!" Shouted the voice.

I opened my eyes and found that I was now hovering in the air. I remained still. I didn't know what was happening. Someone was using a hovering spell on me. Not an object but me, an actual person. When I was hovering above ground, I straightened myself so that my feet were now pointing at the ground. Then the spell wore off and, though I was ready for it, I fell onto the ground, for my legs did not catch me.

"Sorry!" The voice said.

I looked up and saw a very young Cedric Diggory looking very worried.

"Are you Cedric Diggory?" I asked him while getting up.

"Um, yeah," he said, "but I thought people were supposed to be obsessing over Harry."

"Well yeah, I mean, he is the boy who lived."

"But then, how do you know my name?"

"I'm just.. Ah, erm.. Well, you know.. Just, well..like.. Really... Creepy." I stuttered.

He laughed, "I saw you run off and you looked kind of upset."

"Yeah, just, stupid negative thoughts taking over," I replied, "it happens sometimes."

"Did you have a problem with which house you were placed in?" He asked.

"No." I lied, " but I have no idea where we are at the moment."

"Right. You're a first year and this is your first day. Well I guess if you're not really in the mood, then I can show you where the Hufflepuff common room is and I'll get back to the feast." He offered.

"Awesome," I replied, "and you're a... 3rd year?"

He laughed and shook his head, "You miss, need to find something else to do with your spare time."