The Daughter of Poseidon

Kaly Seno White

    By mid-march, the rumour of Eliza's father being Poseidon had spread. It was funny watching the wizards and witches talking about something they knew nothing about. Though the news had spread, no one believed a word of it. They just laughed and talked about it. If I were them, I wouldn't have believed it either, but I wasn't one of them. I wasn't just an average witch. I was a demigod as well, and all I could do was wonder why people even cared about this Poseidon nonsense none of them knew about, while the students were still in danger. Of course, I was in Slytherin, so I was safe, but I honestly thought that they'd never stop talking about the heir of Slytherin. They were so annoying. They always talked about the same one thing, but I couldn't care less. I had other things to worry about.

    "What's next? That Bones girl is the daughter of Hermiss?" laughed Daphne Greengrass.

    I rolled my eyes, "It's Hermes."

    "Oh, you think you're so smart, little know-it-all," Adrian Pucey snapped.

    "Uh, yeah, I do. I'm smarter than all of you dimwits."

    If this kid seriously thought he was smarter than me, then he really was stupid. No one in my year was 'smart'. Maybe if I'd been a year younger, I could compete with that Granger girl, but sadly I was stuck with Bletchley and the other 3rd years. Daphne was a second year, but she thought that Adrian was hot, so she stuck around.

    I didn't mind second years. They were far more interesting than the third years, so why not hang around them? There's only a single year of an age difference.

    "Really? Then why aren't you in Ravenclaw?" asked Blaise Zabini.

    "People who are smart can be in houses other than Ravenclaw," I said, probably wasting my breath on this useless conversation.

    These idiots. If they continued to live like this, then I wasn't sure where they would go in life. They all seemed pretty doomed to me. Well, Zabini had definite potential, and in ways we were very much alike.

    "And what about that Gryffindor friend of yours?" Zabini asked.

    "What?"

    "I'm not an idiot," said Zabini. "I know that you're friends with that hot Gryffindor girl in my year."

    "Oh, so you think she's hot?" Bletchley said, bouncing his eyebrows.

    I laughed. This would be great to tell Madison later on. Sure, I was friends with her, but in front of these people, I had to pretend she was simply just a kid I enjoyed bullying. Maybe she was. I didn't really know what my true intentions were anymore, and that's what made me a Slytherin. Because I didn't care.

    Zabini rolled his eyes, "Sure she is, but she's a half-blood who makes friends with muggles and mudbloods so I'm not going anywhere near her."

    "Then why come near me?" I challenged. "I'm a half-blood too, and I'm on good terms with her."

    "Ew, you're half?" said Greengrass.

    These people. Why do I even bother? I would stand up and leave, but that would seem like I was offended by Daphne's comment, and I obviously wasn't. But I wasn't going to let these people tease and bully me. I was supposed to be the one doing that to them. I was smarter, and more powerful. These people had nothing on me.

    "So your type is pure?" Pucey said, smirking.

    Great. Greengrass and Pucey. I wouldn't want to be at that wedding. I wasn't even sure why they liked each other. Greengrass was a second year and Pucey was a fourth. 2 years apart, but then again, Williams was with Weasley and they were 2 years apart in age as well.