Chapter 6

The next morning, Elara awoke, and was confused with her current position. She was laying in her bed, which was odd, considering that she remembered falling asleep in Anakin's arms on her balcony the night before. The girl decided not to ponder on it any further, and hopped out of bed.

As Elara changed into her Jedi robes, she could feel the distress caused by the dream about her brother worsen. It didn't feel like a dream. It felt real. Elara continued to think about it with unease, as she made her way down the hall towards Anakin and Obi-wan's chambers.

Apparently, Anakin had sensed her force presence, and opened the door before Elara even had the chance to knock.

"Mornin', sunshine." He smiled, moving away from the door and allowing her to walk inside.

"Good morning." Elara returned the smile, as Anakin closed the door behind her.

"How are you?" The boy asked, searching Elara's eyes for the truth.

"No worries, Anakin. I'm okay." Elara spoke, solemnly.

"Are you sure?" Anakin questioned, with disbelief, and placed a hand on her shoulder. "I can tell when you're lying, you know."

"I'm not lying!" Elara exclaimed, crossing her arms. "Come on, our Masters must be waiting for us." She reminded him, and the pair began to walk to the living room.

Master Windu and Obi-wan were both seated on a couch and expectantly looked up upon their Padawans' arrival.

"Good morning, Master." Elara greeted Windu.

"Good morning, Padawan. I presume you had an adequate rest?" The Jedi Master questioned, seeming as if he suspected something.

"You presumed correctly, Master." Elara smiled, but not without exchanging eye contact with Anakin.

"Very well." Master Windu nodded. Elara decided not to press any further on the matter, although she could sense her Master had spoken with disbelief.

"Good morning to you too, Master Kenobi." Elara changed the subject, smiling at the auburn-bearded man.

"Good morning, Elara. I trust that you and Anakin are well prepared for this mission?" Obi-wan enquired.

"Of course, Master." Anakin replied, with a curt nod.

"Well, I see no reason for any further delay. Let's get moving, shall we?" Anakin's master spoke, causing everyone to nod and stand up.

"What exactly is our mission, Master Kenobi?" Elara questioned, as the four exited the chamber.

"We have been asked to protect Senator Amidala from any assassination attempts." Obi-wan explained.

"I see." Elara replied, glancing at Anakin upon sensing that he was nervous. The girl figured that he had already been informed about the mission, and was worried about how it would turn out.

"Calm down, Anakin." Obi-wan spoke, apparently catching on to Anakin's feelings as well.

"I haven't seen her in ten years, Master." Anakin replied.

"By her, do you mean Senator Amidala?" Elara wondered.

"Yes, Elara. She has been a good friend of ours since Anakin was young." Obi-wan explained, causing the light haired girl to nod.

"I'm sure she'll be pleased to see you both then!" Elara smiled.

"I hope." Anakin muttered, as the four hopped into a speeder in order to fly to their destination.