Chapter 11

Once the trio had returned and were relieved to find out Padmé was alright, they were called by Master Windu and asked to return to the Jedi temple as soon as possible.

"Anakin, you must stay here and protect the Senator. Elara and I will report to the temple and return when we are able." Obi-wan told his Padawan.

"Yes, Master." Anakin spoke, and Obi-wan nodded with approval.

"Be safe, you two." Padmé spoke, smiling at Obi-wan and Elara.

"And you, Senator." Elara returned the smile, before turning to Anakin.

"Try not to get into too much trouble while we're gone." She smirked, as Anakin rolled his eyes. They could hear Padmé and Obi-wan trying to hold in their laughter behind them.

"No promises, Princess." The boy replied, and it was Elara's turn to roll her eyes. She flicked him on the forehead before joining Obi-wan once again.

Elara and the Jedi Master said one last farewell, before departing on their speeder in the direction of the Jedi Temple.

Once the pair had left, Padmé turned to Anakin with a smile.

"Elara is so pretty, isn't she Ani?" She spoke, causing the boy to blush.

"Uh, y-yeah. I guess." He replied, scratching the back of his neck.

"You're lucky to be dating such a nice girl." Padmé grinned.

"Dating? Who said we were dating? The Jedi Code forbids attachment!" Anakin exclaimed, as his face heat up even more.

"I know, Ani! I was just teasing." The Senator giggled, before beginning to walk back inside the apartment. Anakin breathed a sigh of relief and followed.

"But you must be crushing on her, right?" Padmé continued, just when Anakin thought his embarrassment was over.

"No! Of course not Senator, Elara is only a friend." The boy quickly replied.

"Whatever you say, Ani." Padmé chuckled. Anakin resisted the urge to groan.

"So, uh, tell me about Naboo!" The boy changed the subject. Luckily, it worked, and the Senator began to describe her home planet in full detail. Anakin wasn't sure if it was a good thing, as he was now free of embarrassment, or a bad thing, as the description was likely to go on for hours. He cared deeply for the Senator, but she was known to tell extremely long stories. The boy shrugged, and attempted to listen to Padmé with full attention.