Chapter 8

Upon entering Padmé's room, it was clear that she was asleep, however a weird creature could be seen slithering on top of her. Anakin quickly ran forward and sliced the creature in half, successfully waking up the Senator in the process.

"Ani?" She questioned, sounding disoriented.

Obi-wan appeared to see a droid by the window, and quickly grabbed on. He was flown away with it, but still managed to maintain his grip.

"Anakin, we have to go!" Elara exclaimed, running out of the door.

"Stay here!" Anakin told Padmé, before following Elara.

The pair quickly hopped into a speeder, with Anakin driving, and tried to catch up to Obi-wan.

"Do you see him?" Anakin exclaimed, swerving left and right in an attempt to outrun the traffic.

"If I saw him, don't you think I would, I don't know, say something?!" Elara replied, looking desperately for the Jedi Master throughout the busy city.

"That sass was unnecessary!" Anakin complained. Elara rolled her eyes before grasping on to his shoulder, as the boy almost crashed into another speeder.

Elara was about to yell at Anakin for almost killing them, when she saw Obi-wan up ahead, still holding on to the droid tightly.

"Anakin, there he is!" She exclaimed, pointing to Obi-wan.

Anakin quickly sped up towards Obi-wan, and once the speeder was close enough, the Jedi Master hopped into the back seat.

"What took you so long?" He complained.

"Well you see Master, Elara took too long when choosing a speeder." Anakin explained, causing Elara to scoff.

"Don't blame me, Skywalker!" She retorted, and Obi-wan sighed in exasperation.

"Stop arguing, and follow that speeder!" He ordered, gesturing towards the said speeder.

Anakin complied, and raced after the vehicle containing the bounty hunter that had tried to murder Padmé.

"Anakin, could you slow down?" Obi-wan shouted, over the loud wind caused by flying so quickly.

"Ah, sorry Master, the fact that you hate flying slipped my mind!" The boy exclaimed, with a cheeky grin. Elara wanted to slap him, but did not feel safe enough to release the grasp she had on his shoulder.

"As I've stated before, many times, I don't mind flying, but what you're doing is suicide!" Obi-wan replied, as Anakin swerved in a different direction.

"What are you doing? The bounty hunter went that way!" Elara spoke, pointing to the direction the other speeder had been flying in.

"This is a short cut!" Anakin declared. Elara eyed him with disbelief.

"I think..." The boy added, causing Obi-wan to face palm in the back seat.

After some time had passed of reckless flying, Anakin came to a stop, as the bounty hunter they were seeking was no where in sight.

"Some shortcut Anakin, now you've lost him! He went completely the other way!" Obi-wan lectured, with annoyance. Elara removed her hand from Anakin's shoulder and sighed.

"Excuse me, Master." The boy stated, before quickly hopping off the side of the speeder.

"What the- Anakin!" Elara shouted, and sat up straighter to see him plummeting towards the ground.

"I hate it when he does that." Obi-wan stated, before jumping up to the front seat and taking over the controls. Elara looked at the man incredulously.

"He does that often?" She questioned, as Obi-wan got the speeder moving once again.

"Indeed." He spoke, lurching the vehicle forward. Elara breathed a sigh of relief when she noticed that Anakin had fallen on top of a speeder, the bounty hunter's speeder in fact.

"Hold on tight, Elara. I can sense that the situation is about to get out of hand." Obi-wan stated.

"I think the situation passed out of hand a long time ago, Master Kenobi!" The girl responded, as they chased after the bounty hunter, and Anakin, who was attempting to stab the speeder with his lightsaber.

"Touché!" The Jedi Master spoke, as a grey cylinder came hurdling towards the pair. Elara reached her hand up and caught it just in time.

"Anakin's lightsaber." She sighed, clasping it to her belt.

"Great!" Obi-wan exclaimed with sarcasm, as they watched the bounty hunter's speeder erupt in flames.

"Anakin!" Elara cried, with panic.

Obi-wan quickly moved towards where the speeder had crashed after catching on fire, and found a place to park.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." The girl stated, as the pair hopped out of the speeder and tried to locate Anakin.