Chapter 17

Naboo was utterly beautiful, Elara had decided. The weather was always warm, with a cool breeze flowing through the air. If Elara closed her eyes, she found that meditation came easier on no other planet. The wind would fly through her hair, and the warmth of the sun would glow over her features. Anakin would always find the girl sitting in a field by herself, lost in deep thought.

"Elara!" The boy exclaimed, trying to get the meditating girl's attention.

"El!" He tried again, and even shaked one of her shoulders lightly.

"Ellie!" Anakin shouted, and resulted to shaking both of her shoulders. The girl's blue eyes snapped open in annoyance.

"What did you just call me?" She questioned, and whipped her head towards the boy who had disturbed her.

"Ellie?" Anakin replied, hesitantly. He knew how much his friend hated nicknames.

"Hm." She stated, and furrowed her eyebrows thoughtfully. "I don't hate that one."

"Really?!" Anakin beamed. "Ellie it is, then!" He added. The girl had never liked one of his nicknames before. If he recalled correctly, she once threatened to throw him off a speeder in mid-flight if he called her princess again.

"Are you going to explain why you disturbed me, Skywalker?" Elara questioned, and raised her eyebrows.

"Oh, right! The Senator wanted me to tell you that dinner was ready." The boy explained.

"I'll race you back!" Elara challenged, as she stood up in preparation.

"You're on!" Anakin replied, as the pair both began to sprint at full Jedi speed back towards Padmé's home.

The Senator watched the two teens run back together from the field, and couldn't help but smile. One would occasionally force push the other slightly in an attempt to knock them over. In the end, they both arrived to the house at the exact same time.

"Your force pushes have gotten stronger!" Anakin panted, and put a hand on the girl's shoulder to stabilize himself.

"I think yours have too." Elara replied, and also was attempting to catch her breath.

"I would think so, as you both race each other like that everyday." Padmé smiled with amusement. The pair looked up at the Senator and laughed.

"You should join us, Senator!" Anakin grinned.

"I don't think so, Ani. The last thing I want to do is race a pair of hyperactive teenagers who force push each other." Padmé teased.

"Ah, that one stung, Senator!" Elara beamed, and jokingly held a hand to her heart as if she had been offended.

"Come in and eat, you two." The Senator smiled, and led the pair she was so fond of into her house.

---

That night, Anakin found himself having another heart-wrenching dream about his mother. He saw her crying out in pain, and weeping his name. Obi-wan always told him to try and place the dreams at the back of his mind, but when he was experiencing something so horrific every night, it was hard to not think about. Even if it went against the wishes of his Master, he had to go help his mother, no matter who told him that it was just a dream.