Chapter 13

"Important to the prophecy, she is. Testify for the child, we will. Remain here she must." Master Yoda continued, to Elara's relief.

"Then it has been decided. Under no circumstance will Elara return to Hoth. Padawan, please wait outside as we further our discussion." Master Windu declared.

"Yes, Master." Elara bowed, before exiting the room swiftly. She felt as if a million weights had just been lifted from her shoulders. After moving a good distance away from the Council room, she turned on her com-link and called Anakin.

"Padawan Skywalker, here." He spoke, and she resisted the urge to laugh.

"Hey, Padawan Skywalker." Elara replied, with humor in her tone.

"Elara? You could have told me it was you so I didn't use my formal response!" The boy complained.

"You answered first! And you have different types of responses planned?" Elara laughed.

"Yes! What's so funny about being prepared?" Anakin argued.

"Nothing, I'm sorry. I actually didn't call you to talk about your com-link answer preparations." The girl chuckled.

"Then why did you call, Princess?" Anakin questioned. Elara was about to reply when she heard the Council Room doors open.

"Elara!" Obi-wan called.

"Sorry, Anakin. I have to go, but I'll tell you later!" The girl quickly spoke, before turning off her com-link. She rushed towards the Council Room to meet Obi-wan.

"Right here, Master Kenobi." The girl spoke, now standing by his side.

"Didn't your Master tell you to wait outside of the Council Room?" Obi-wan raised his eyebrows.

"I technically was still outside of the Council Room, at a farther distance!" Elara replied.

"If you say so, Elara." Obi-wan laughed. "Come now, we are to return to Senator Amidala and Anakin." The man continued, and the pair began to walk towards their speeder.

"Is my Master not joining us?" Elara questioned.

"I'm afraid not, young one. He must prepare to testify your case to the Senate." Obi-wan answered, and hopped into the speeder.

"What if the Senate does side with the King of Hoth?" Elara questioned, before getting settled into the speeder as well.

"That will not happen, Elara. Besides, if  the situation does becomes dire, we are quite close with a certain Senator." Obi-wan reassured the girl, who chuckled at the mention of Senator Amidala.

"Thank you, Master Kenobi." Elara smiled, and the speeder began to fly into the night.