Chapter 8

(Y/N)'s POV

For just waking up from a nightmare, that wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. Sans noticed my expression, sighed, and scratched the back of his head.

"Ah, geez. Sorry, kiddo. Probably not the best thing to hear after a nightmare, huh?" Sans apologized. It's like he could read thoughts, too. Sans glanced behind me to look at an alarm clock, and I did the same. It read 12:17 A.M. I didn't realize it was this late; it seemed like Sans didn't either. I groaned and covered my head with the white sheets. Sans collapsed next to me and stared at the ceiling. After a bit, we both started to softly snore.

I woke up in Sans's room, thank goodness. I didn't want to end up in another nightmare. Sans was still snoozing next to me. I slowly and carefully climbed out of the bed, so I wouldn't wake up Sans. I rubbed my eyes as I neared the door. I crossed over to the stairs and climbed down. I peeked into the kitchen and found Papyrus cooking spaghetti, as usual. I noticed he was using the tips I taught him. That made me smile. "Good morning, Papyrus," I yawned.

Papyrus glanced over his shoulder, and his eyes sparkled once he saw me. "GOOD MORNING, HUMAN. I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AM MAKING SOME SPAGHETTI! WOULD YOU LIKE SOME WHEN IT'S FINISHED?"

I giggled at his excitement. "Of course." He smiled at me and continued to stir the pasta. I grabbed a few plates and set the table.

"Good mornin'," Sans said, coming down the stairs. Papyrus and I greeted the sleepy-looking skeleton. I met Sans at the stairs and hugged him.

"Thanks for staying with me last night," I whispered to him. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked down at me, blushing blue a little. I giggled at his expression and hugged him tighter. I felt Sans's body relax and arms wrap around me. I smiled against the fabric of his warm, blue jacket. We let go, and he ruffled my hair. I didn't bother to fix it. Instead, I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the kitchen where Papyrus was serving his spaghetti. Papyrus looked over at us like he saw an adorable kitten.

"Papyrus, don't get any ideas," I warned him. I knew what he was thinking, but no. That wasn't happening. Besides, I'm only 11. Sans is 27. Papyrus grew confused and shook his head.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT IDEAS YOU'RE TALING ABOUT, HUMAN. I THOUGHT YOU TWO LOOKED LIKE BROTHER AND SISTER. I THOUGHT IT LOOKED ADORABLE," Papyrus clarified. That was not what I was expecting; Sans either. Both of our mouths and holding hands dropped low. I looked up at Sans, and he looked down at me. We exchanged surprised and confused glances and looked back up at Papyrus. He looked confused, but he looked confused because we were. This was so confusing. We all kept turning towards each other until we started to spin in circles and lie dizzy on the ground. Everything was still spinning when Sans started to laugh. I looked over at him and started to laugh, too, with Papyrus in joining soon after. Tears were dripping from my eyes when we finally calmed down.

"DOES THIS MEAN WE'RE A FAMILY?" Papyrus asked breathlessly. I glanced at the skeleton brothers. To me, this was the best family I could ever ask for. Yes, it may have just been a day and a half, but I couldn't help but love them that way-as a family. A family that would put up with my magic. A family that would protect me—even from their own brother. A family that would forgive me after a misunderstanding. A family that would comfort me if I had a nightmare. I felt a hand on my arm, and I looked up to see Sans smiling at me. I glanced up to where Papyrus lay, and he was looking at me expectantly. I chuckled, scooted up to him, and kissed his forehead. Once he received the kiss, he went cross-eyed and covered his mouth with his gloves. I chuckled even more and scooted towards Sans. I kissed his forehead as well, and his white pupils turned into hearts. They were both blushing their significant colors—Sans blue and Papyrus orange. Well, that concluded it. We were a family.

(Sorry for the short chapter, but I figured that would be a good note to end on. Don't worry, I'll have a longer chapter afterwards.)