Chapter 5

Taehyung's POV

   Being airborne, falling towards my death, was brilliant. 

   Ignoring the shouts of shock from my friends, I savored the impact of my body against the ocean after feeling the breeze against my face for several weightless seconds. If felt great, the cold water, the fluid in my lungs - until I saw six other disturbances near me, but smaller than my crash.   

   The others? Why? They weren't supposed to be here! I didn't deserve them! What was with their expressions?

   Everybody was crying, their tears dropping onto the surface above me. But still... why? I was giving them one less negative thing, one less burden to collapse under. I was slowing them down, and they had to go on without me.

   Opening my eyes, I used them to send them a message: Let me drown. They stopped trying to haul me up, realizing at last that it was too late. Letting more water swoop through my body, we exchanged a few last words without sound.

   Run.

   Don't tell me bye bye.

   Run.

   You make me cry cry.

   Run.

   Love is a lie lie. Don't tell me, don't tell me, don't tell me bye bye.

   Then a huge wave crashed into the pier, the reason why I told my brothers to retreat. The surge of water almost pulled them under, but he group made it back to the truck unharmed. At least they were safe.

   As for me, the currents fought over my body, twisting and turning it in every direction as it sank even deeper. My lungs finally were full of the salty liquid. Thinking of my last moments with the others in the ocean, I remembered each person doing his best to get me out of the sea's clutches. There was one odd thing, however - it was just that Namjoon wasn't really trying to help. 

   Nevertheless, I knew that I would always be connected to everyone firmly and that Namjoon understood enough to let me go. 

   I then, with this idea I repeated over and over in my head with the tiniest of grins, finally, relieving myself of the event that caused everything, permanently closed my eyes. 

   Je ne regrette rien - I have no regrets.

   But the story wasn't over yet.